Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
\m/ Stoner Rock \m/ (Joe)
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was posted on the BGG Twitter account, but some of you (like myself), may not use Twitter.

Four-player #Klask being tested at @Spielwarenmesse 2016.

Looks like you can plug up the goals that are not in use to play it with 2 or 3 players as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would definitely have waited if I'd known a multiplayer version was on the way!

That looks great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How in the heck would you keep score? Person who last hit the ball gets the point? Person whose goal is hit loses a point? I mean, I understand it's in testing and it looks like a great idea in theory. Just curious how scoring would work since only one person "loses" every round. I guess everyone but the person whose goal the ball is in could get a point, but that could lead to serious kingmaking... hmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Badger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciffy wrote:
How in the heck would you keep score? Person who last hit the ball gets the point? Person whose goal is hit loses a point? I mean, I understand it's in testing and it looks like a great idea in theory. Just curious how scoring would work since only one person "loses" every round. I guess everyone but the person whose goal the ball is in could get a point, but that could lead to serious kingmaking... hmm.

Maybe whatever would normally give your opponent a point in the two-player game now gives you a point instead. Play until someone has 5 or 10. Lowest score wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciffy wrote:
Person whose goal is hit loses a point?

Has to be this for all the other reasons noted. Everyone starts with x points, get reduced to zero, you're eliminated.

Everything other than goals is scored based on negative events in any case. (two magnets on your striker, losing control of your own striker etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Ciffy wrote:

Has to be this for all the other reasons noted. Everyone starts with x points, get reduced to zero, you're eliminated.

Everything other than goals is scored based on negative events in any case. (two magnets on your striker, losing control of your own striker etc)

I agree - it's the only way this would work. Making the gameplay almost completely defensive ... might still work though! I'm certainly interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Ciffy wrote:

I agree - it's the only way this would work. Making the gameplay almost completely defensive ... might still work though! I'm certainly interested.

One fun thing about the offensive side will when anyone has control of the ball they will almost surely try to score goals against the obvious leader which will add an interesting dynamic. Rather than kingmaking this will will rein in any one player running away with the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric nygard
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
It could be a last man standing type situation. Not needing to score a single goal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Clark
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Should the board be octagon shaped? I have not playtested this obviously but I was thinking that a ball hit to the side of the playing area would just roll along the outside of the board.

With an octagon shaped board the ball would in theory be more likely to bounce off the walls towards the goal. Also with the octagon shaped board each player has a "flat wall" in front of their goal while sharing a "diagonal wall" with each adjacent opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a 4p version of Klask this weekend at FalCon in CT and it was the normal rectangular shape but with two goals per side!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.