Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be X scenarios (8?) in a normal campaign, the first two in a deluxe expansion with Mythos packs providing the additional scenarios, right? So that's seven months for a full campaign to come out. I'm wondering (based on the tiny bit of info that we currently have) whether or not the scenarios will be interesting/fun to play before the whole campaign is available?

For example, will the third Mythos pack scenario be playable without have played the first four scenarios? If not, will people just play the first two scenarios for a month and then when the next pack comes out play the first three scenarios over and over again, and so on? If that's the case, I'm kinda thinking that by the time the campaign is complete, I'll be sick of the partial campaign.

Again, based only on a small bit of information, I'm thinking it will be better to wait until the campaign is complete before playing any of it, or at least wait until it's only a month or two shy of being complete; that may be enough time to have the entire campaign be available by the time we reach the later scenarios.

All pure speculation and wonder, of course.

googoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, patron since 04? Props!

While I do like the idea of playing the whole campaign in a relatively short amount of time, I enjoy co-op games enough that I could see replaying the scenarios here and there until the next pack comes out.

I don't know though, I didn't get to go through the LOTR saga so I don't know what it's like between packs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Alves
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having similar thoughts.

In the time i'm waiting for the next "phase" of the campaign, for sure i have played 20+ parcial campaigns/games with diferent investigators.

So, when the AP pack arrives, in wich "end result" and resulting output / experience "upgrades" should i base my deck then?! The best one??

The constant replays should provide me information that wasn't there on the first playtrough session, so it will not feel like a natural "progression/campaign"... shake

First world problems cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.