$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 54.92

4,021 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
25.3% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Four Against Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Does Explosive Dice apply to apply to enemy attack rolls? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Leedy

Westerville
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say "Dice explosion: if a die rolls a 6, roll another d6 and add it."

Also I was reading the rules of the expansion Knight of Destiny and it saw where the enemy attacked using Explosive Dice.

So I assume that Vermines, Minions, Weird Monsters, Boss etc... all use the Exploding dice rule when attacking your characters as well.

Is that correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When defending against an attack, the explosive 6 rule still applies. However, it does say on page 49 that a roll of 6 is always a successful defense against a monsters attack.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkahuna wrote:
The rules say "Dice explosion: if a die rolls a 6, roll another d6 and add it."

Also I was reading the rules of the expansion Knight of Destiny and it saw where the enemy attacked using Explosive Dice.

So I assume that Vermines, Minions, Weird Monsters, Boss etc... all use the Exploding dice rule when attacking your characters as well.

Is that correct?


I think the connection you are missing is that the Vermins, Minions etc. do not roll attack dice, the dice you are rolling are your defense dice. Since they don't roll any dice, they don't get to take advantage of the exploding dice roll.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leedy

Westerville
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Rev,

This is what is confusing me:

From the text in the"The Knight of Destiny"...

Golden Armor
This suit of heavy armor can only
be pierced by magic weapons, or
attacks that cause 2 or more life
points of damage in one hit (which
can happen with exploding dice).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bkahuna wrote:
Rev,

This is what is confusing me:

From the text in the"The Knight of Destiny"...

Golden Armor
This suit of heavy armor can only
be pierced by magic weapons, or
attacks that cause 2 or more life
points of damage in one hit (which
can happen with exploding dice).



Given the rules as written in the base game, I am not sure that this text is correct. The base game is very specific that when a monster attacks the roll you make is the "defense" roll so exploding dice when you make this roll would increase your defense and not the damage you take. Hopefully Victor will come back and clarify.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Glass
United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Further on in the module it explains that the Golden Armor is worn by one of the Boss enemies, and that it can only be worn by that Boss.

So, in order to do any damage to this guy you need to either have a magic weapon equipped, or roll explosively.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leedy

Westerville
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense now.

Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor J
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Marrkos wrote:
Further on in the module it explains that the Golden Armor is worn by one of the Boss enemies, and that it can only be worn by that Boss.

So, in order to do any damage to this guy you need to either have a magic weapon equipped, or roll explosively.


This is correct! I put the description of the Golden Armor in the magic items section for completeness, but it is the only item there that cannot be used by the character.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.