Subject: 3D Print Elder Sign Character Stand rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan Tang

Vancouver
BC
msg tools
Hi everyone.

I just posted a 3d printable Elder Sign Character stand that has a built in focus area

Please feel free to download the file and print or click on the page "order this print"

And if you're feeling generous, tips are always welcome

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1774869/#files
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! It's too easy to lose the tokens amongst the adventures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Lance
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I count twelve coming in from starboard, Admiral.
badge
Fourteen from port side, sir!
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I missed something. Individuals own and use 3D printers? I've never seen one.

What kind of equipment are you guys using to do things like this? How much does it cost?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow,that is really amazing. Great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG. That is so perfect. DAMN YOU INTERNET! Now I must look into getting some of these printed.

I don't know how these things work - and I see you have used a creative commons license - but I hope you are getting a piece of the price if I order them printed from this site, Brendan.

Anyway, this is just a question...NOT meant to be perceived as critical:
Do they stack together? That is, does each one kinda nestle close to the others?

Truly an inspired idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Lance
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can order them printed from that site? How?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
chuft wrote:
I feel like I missed something. Individuals own and use 3D printers? I've never seen one.

What kind of equipment are you guys using to do things like this? How much does it cost?

Costs are a lot lower than in the past. You can find 3D printers ranging from 300 to 500 bucks (but I don't know how well they perform). Still, I remember a lab in my city where they were producing 3D printer components with 3D printers, looked a tad bit like Terminator

In any case there are services of 3D print-on-demand, just google a tad bit and you can find some
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P.
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuft wrote:

Go to link..there is a link on one of the options on the right side to print. You must acquire a login to get pricing though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
chuft wrote:

Costs are a lot lower than in the past. You can find 3D printers ranging from 300 to 500 bucks (but I don't know how well they perform). Still, I remember a lab in my city where they were producing 3D printer components with 3D printers, looked a tad bit like Terminator

In any case there are services of 3D print-on-demand, just google a tad bit and you can find some

Monoprice, well known for their ludicrously cheap yet great HDMI cables, also has a 3d printer for about 200 bucks, about as much as a higher end Printer, last time I checked

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Long Lance
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InvisibleRobots wrote:
chuft wrote:

Go to link..there is a link on one of the options on the right side to print. You must acquire a login to get pricing though.

Interesting. That link is listed under "Apps enabled" (which it obviously isn't for me) so I thought it was a way to send the file to your own 3D printer if you owned one. And the "about Thingiverse" page says nothing about them making items for money.

So they sell items? How much are these stands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Tang

Vancouver
BC
msg tools
I think the costs vary based on your location and if there is printer close by. I know someone ordered 6 for like 30 bucks off the thingiverse page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Tang

Vancouver
BC
msg tools
Hey Invisiblerobot

Sadly I got none of that cheddar. But I have a tip the designer button, if you would like to contribute.

Oh they do kinds stack. I've got one of those small pano boxes for dice and tokens, base game and 6 of the stands in my base game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
These look great, Brendan!

Did you print them "black" and then paint them brown? Will definitely been getting these made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Tang

Vancouver
BC
msg tools
I used a bronze filament, and then hit it up with an India ink wash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
very cool! Ill see if I can print some up next weekend. I only have some neon green filament, which doesnt look the best lol!

nice item design tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznan
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely print those, but my Elder Sign box is packed to the lid - no idea where I would fit them :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.