Warszawa
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
2 questions:

1.) What's the point of the Monument?
It seems extremely weak.
You score 1VP per copper coin used to build. But hadn't you used these copper coins for building, you would've scored 1VP per each one anyway...
So no net gain...
And Monument is very expensive on top of that...
I just don't get it...

2.) Lighthouse. According to the printed rules you pay 1$ to use Lighthouse. There is no mention of the fee on the actual sheet with buildings (->Lighthouse space)... Where is the error?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the game in front of me, but...

1.) I think that is for all your buildings. So if you have built several buildings (not only the monument) with copper coins, you will now gain VP's for all of these.

2.) I don't know. That's an interesting question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Well, you're also getting the point for the building. It's more of a recovery of points, when you choose to use the gold to earn the building point. Potentially, you could turn 4 silver and 5 gold into 10 points, while advancing toward the game end in both ways. That's still pretty useful. I'm happy to consider changes for a second printing, though.

2) This was intentional due to space constraints, with the written rules giving the full description of the action as intended. But I see how that reads as an omission. For the record, should be paying $1 to use the lighthouse. I'll see if we can clarify this in the future.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo Holkar
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ah! -- I'd completely missed that cost of $1 for the Lighthouse. Thanks for pointing it out! (And for this great game: we've been having lots of fun with it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.