Subject: New edition has been entered as a new game entry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed that the new edition has a new entry - Yanks: ASL Module 3a rather than being entered as a new version here. I know there are additional scenarios but not sure that warrants a new entry - and all the discussion about it is against this forum.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this why there is a 'version' section on the game page? If the different versions of BV don't have their own entries, I don't see why Yanks2 should. Silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... doesn't make any sense being a new entry... wonder how we can suggest it to be removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmb
Correct me if I'm wrong, but YANKS 3 includes the old module Paratrooper: ASL Module 2, right?

If that is true, it should be a new entry! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but YANKS 3 includes the old module Paratrooper: ASL Module 2, right?

If that is true, it should be a new entry! meeple

It does not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Whittemore
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... it doesn't literally have a boxed game of Paratrooper: ASL Module 2 inside, but I think you can consider it to "contain" Paratrooper: ASL Module 2.

From the publisher:
Quote:
YANKS is back, and better than ever, as it now includes the essential elements of PARATROOPER and 24 additional scenarios.
Also included are eight mapboards: 16-19, 24, 40-41, and 46, which will help you play many of the 40 scenarios inside YANKS: the 16 original scenarios from YANKS and PARATROOPER (all re-balanced) as well as 24 more out-of-print scenarios, re-numbered and re-balanced, all with existing errata incorporated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although Yanks incorporates Paratrooper (subsume may be a better term) there are no new rules, or units, as far as I am aware. And as others have said, the shenanigans with 'Beyond Valor' have not spawned different game entries - by the same logic that would require game entries Beyond Valor(a), (b) and (c), which would be kind of daft.

I think you could probably argue it either way as to whether it justifies a separate entry as per the BGG definitions of a 'new' game, or not, however I think it's probably more useful if forum discussions and the like for the main US OOB for the ETO is under one entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
I think you could probably argue it either way as to whether it justifies a separate entry as per the BGG definitions of a 'new' game, or not, however I think it's probably more useful if forum discussions and the like for the main US OOB for the ETO is under one entry.

^ This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Although Yanks incorporates Paratrooper (subsume may be a better term) there are no new rules, or units, as far as I am aware. And as others have said, the shenanigans with 'Beyond Valor' have not spawned different game entries - by the same logic that would require game entries Beyond Valor(a), (b) and (c), which would be kind of daft.

I cannot disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWhit wrote:
Well... it doesn't literally have a boxed game of Paratrooper: ASL Module 2 inside, but I think you can consider it to "contain" Paratrooper: ASL Module 2.

From the publisher:
Quote:
YANKS is back, and better than ever, as it now includes the essential elements of PARATROOPER and 24 additional scenarios.
Also included are eight mapboards: 16-19, 24, 40-41, and 46, which will help you play many of the 40 scenarios inside YANKS: the 16 original scenarios from YANKS and PARATROOPER (all re-balanced) as well as 24 more out-of-print scenarios, re-numbered and re-balanced, all with existing errata incorporated.

It does not contain Chapter K, which was the reason for Paratrooper's existence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whereas yesterday there were no forum threads under the new 3a entry I notice today that some of the threads from the original Yanks entry have now been moved across.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domus_ludorum wrote:
Whereas yesterday there were no forum threads under the new 3a entry I notice today that some of the threads from the original Yanks entry have now been moved across.

Ugh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.