Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Bond
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested, or didn't know, there is now a PC version available on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/522030/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
The corresponding thread is here: Eclipse for PC & Mac on STEAM (Android version coming as well!) available on 16th September

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, the iPad version has some sort of "graphical smear" which is making it hard to play the game. I'll have to consider if the PC/Steam version is the better way to go

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Hmm, the iPad version has some sort of "graphical smear" which is making it hard to play the game. I'll have to consider if the PC/Steam version is the better way to go

The iOS version gets the latest updates next week

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick note - The PC game did crash on me during the tutorial game (about 3 turns after the tutorial finished). So possibly not that stable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sena
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
PC game crashes on me alot.

Just did it on Turn 9..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaleb Eubank
United States
Senatobia
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Android version snuck out!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.bigdad...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Barlowe
United States
Clarks Summit
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Developer is answering questions and a good dialogue is happening in the news thread. Includes feedback on features and upcoming tweaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
The iOS version was a beautiful rendering of the board-game (basic) and I was anxiously awaiting the addition of some of the expansion material. Just recently a major update was made available but had little to do with basic local play design beyond adding a few more play options like letting you omit missiles or skipping the detailed combat cinematics and going straight to the combat outcome. Neither of these options struck me as important and I'm not sure what prompted them. Rather, much more work went into the online aspects of the game which I have not had occasion to use (having little interest in that mode). I hope at least what they focused on for this update works out better than what has happened to the basic game itself in the process.

What has happened with this latest release is that the game has lost what used to be pretty solid stability. Now, the game crashes and locks up a lot more frequently - annoyingly so as a matter of fact. Other strange gremlins have crept in: you can no longer get a breakdown of how scores were arrived at, just the final total for each player; and, there have been occasional instances of AI ships being allowed to fire their missiles repeatedly.

The game has lacked a detailed point breakdown for a long time but at least in certain modes you could see some of it. Hex values, including monoliths, for each faction can be derived by going back to the final screen shot of the map, and you can toggle the technology track for each to see how many point might have been there, but toggling the diplomatic track tells you nothing now except how many diplomats each had. No way to see how many discoveries were kept as VPs, and the VP chips for battles shows only how many chips were drawn but not their values. That goes for during the game as well which is truly annoying.

So, the bottom line for me now is that the game has gone backwards towards being almost unplayable and the much anticipated expansion material, after four years, is still not any closer. I am profoundly disappointed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Phuntom wrote:
Developer is answering questions and a good dialogue is happening in the news thread. Includes feedback on features and upcoming tweaks.
Where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bubslug wrote:
Phuntom wrote:
Where?

In the link in the second post.

For your convenience:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1620450/eclipse-pc-mac-steam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, please use the other thread. It's already very hard for me to follow all the forums in the world wide web, don't add to it, please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.