Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Fortenberry
United States
herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Are all cards with the 'I' innovation symbol on back considered Innovations?

Had a Gorm climate event where the settlement had to lose an Innovation.

Can you choose to lose any card with the 'I' symbol? Like Principles.

From a purely role playing aspect I would think so...a group could change its mind on dealing with newborns or burial, etc.
But, the group was unsure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fort wrote:
Are all cards with the 'I' innovation symbol on back considered Innovations?

Had a Gorm climate event where the settlement had to lose an Innovation.

Can you choose to lose any card with the 'I' symbol? Like Principles.

From a purely role playing aspect I would think so...a group could change its mind on dealing with newborns or burial, etc.
But, the group was unsure.

Mmm, good question! thematically/logically speaking, I wouldn't strictly consider principles as innovations. I don't even know why they are included in the "I" deck since -to the best of my knowledge- they are not supposed to be a part of the innovation deck ever. And what would you do if for instance you discard the death principle? Death principles should be lost forever, since the principle milestones are triggered but once (first death). Otherwise it would be a cheap way to change principles or to avoid losing a proper innovation...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
IA Seldon
msg tools
mb
The same line of thinking could be applied to weapon mastery cards as well.

In short, I think the answer is no. And for reasons mentioned in the post above. Destroying an innovation that you could draw back from the innovation pile is one thing; destroying your death/life/society principles is something completely different. You'd never get them back...and they are quite useful.

So why woukd you destroy them in the first place?

Destroy Ammonia. Next hunt, go fight a Gorm and fish through its AI deck until the appropriate card is safely in play. There. You now have Ammonia again.

Another good choice is Bloodletting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Boyeldieu
United Kingdom
Glasgow
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys have it right, but it's even simpler than you think.

Look at the front of the cards. If it says Innovation in the card types, then it can be picked. If it doesn't then it can't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.