$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30.2% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Wouter Boon
Netherlands
Berkel en Rodenrijs
flag msg tools
Hello all,

Just finished my first adventure deck, Burnt Offerings. However, I was wondering if I played the last part of Thistletop Delve correctly. I had all but one location closed. I was with Valeros and Ezren at the Warrens and Valeros encountered Nualia. She has two checks; first combat 12, then combat 14. As I understand, the first combat must be done by Valeros, but the second can also be done by Ezren, because he is at the same location (just found out by searching this great forum, but could not find it in the rulebook...). Not knowing this, I played Valeros' Longsword+1 for the first combatcheck (12). Piece of cake. Then I played the sword again, this time also discarding it (recharging), for an extra 1d6. Aided by Kyra, at another location, playing Blessing of Lamashtu, adding 2 dice to defeat a monster. This made the check more difficult, as Nualia states 'each blessing played in a check, increases the difficulty of the check by 2.' However, with so many dice, I exceeded 16 easily.

My questions are: did I play correctly? Can you play for multiple combat checks the same weapon again and again? With spells I think not, because they mostly say discard for your combat check. Weapons state 'reveal', so assume yes is the correct answer. But just checking.

Furthermore, the reward for Thistletop Delve is Loot: Sihedron Medaillion. My three characters have to choose which one gets the loot, correct?

And finally, I gain a card feat. I assume I can check a box under the so called 'card list', as a skill feat means checking a box under skills and power feat means under powers? Or can I check any unchecked box on the whole card?

Thanks for your kind answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Franka
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That all sounds correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything you did was correct.

However:

cwb1977 wrote:
As I understand, the first combat must be done by Valeros, but the second can also be done by Ezren, because he is at the same location

This is not quite right. For any card that has more than one check to defeat or acquire, any character at the location can take any of the checks, except the character encountering the card must take at least one of the checks (any one).

This is in the rulebook:
Runelords rulebook p.11 wrote:
Only the character who encounters the card may attempt the check, with one exception: if a card requires sequential checks, the character who encountered the card must attempt at least one of the checks, but other checks may each be attempted by any one character at the same location.

The governing rulebook is actually the Wrath of the Righteous rulebook, because the rulebook for the latest set should be used with every set, except for aspects that are particular to that set:
Wrath rulebook p.12 wrote:
Only the character who encounters the card may attempt the check, save for one exception: if a card requires sequential checks, the character who encountered the card must attempt at least one of the checks, but other checks may each be attempted by any one character at the same location. While you are attempting a check against such a card that you did not encounter, powers that would apply to the character who encountered it apply to you instead.

References for the claim that latest rulebook governs: here and here.

All the rulebooks are available here: http://paizo.com/pfsacg/resources
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, Play the app a few times. I only found this rule through the app!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Boon
Netherlands
Berkel en Rodenrijs
flag msg tools
Ah, thanks. Never would have thought that!

Quote:
The governing rulebook is actually the Wrath of the Righteous rulebook, because the rulebook for the latest set should be used with every set, except for aspects that are particular to that set.

I will definately look into the links you've provided, as I don't own Wrath (but maybe will in the future).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Boon
Netherlands
Berkel en Rodenrijs
flag msg tools
Sam and Max wrote:
fwiw, Play the app a few times. I only found this rule through the app!

I've tried that actually, but probably not long enough. Also, I like playing games physically far more than digitally. That's why I've stopped. Maybe I'll give it a try again, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.