Conan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Anxious for Conan rules questions!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hassim Ali
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Can't wait for this game to come, October feels long, but waited this far! Just some questions on some rules.

1. Does Conan's 2 handed weapon still have a once per round activation? I watched the video with Fredrick Henry using it twice in one round?

2. When using the orb bomb, do you just put a manipulation gem and roll the 2 red dice associated with the weapon for the range and damage?

3. When do magic users get to use the magic deck hero and villain? I know in some scenarios they might start with a spell, when or how do they get more?

Again very anxious for game, trying to get some particulars understood!

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I have learned so far:

1: I believe the once per round attack for heavy weapons has been abandoned.
2: First you have to make a complex manipulation with the right amount of succeses corresponding to the range of the attack. So if you want to throw the orb 3 zones you need 3 successes (edit: if it falls short, the orb will land in one of the zones along your line of sight - which could have devastating effects if some of your friends are there...!). Afterwards you roll for damage with the 2 red dice.
3: Not sure if anybody gets more spells in a single scenario. Perhaps in the campaign mode...?

cheers,
Kasper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. There's no limitation for using weapons with encumbrance of 3 in a single round. You're only limited by the maximum number of gems you can use in attack in a round.

2. When throwing an orb, it's considered as a complex manipulation. You choose the number of gems to spend in you throwing action then roll the same number of dice.
The result indicates the range. Then you roll the 2 red dice for damages.

Example : I'm playing Conan and want to throw an explosive orb in a range of 2 areas. My Manipulation is orange, so I decide to put 2 gems in manipulation, give me 2 orange dice.

If I do 0 as result, the orb explodes in my area.
If I d0 1 as result, the orb explodes in the next area.
If I do 2, 3 or 4, the orb explodes in the area aimed, because when you do the exact result you need (or more) the object thrown falls in the area aimed.

When you know where the orb falls, you throw the 2 red damage dice.

3. Magic spells used by both sides are decided at the start of the scenario. Players can get more only if listed in the scenario. You can't "find" spells but you can find equipments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit....Kasper shot first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hassim Ali
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the replies! I think I am ready now to crack some skulls! Come on October!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:
2. When throwing an orb, it's considered as a complex manipulation. You choose the number of gems to spend in you throwing action then roll the same number of dice.
The result indicates the range. Then you roll the 2 red dice for damages.

Example : I'm playing Conan and want to throw an explosive orb in a range of 2 areas. My Manipulation is orange, so I decide to put 2 gems in manipulation, give me 2 orange dice.

If I do 0 as result, the orb explodes in my area.
If I d0 1 as result, the orb explodes in the next area.
If I do 2, 3 or 4, the orb explodes in the area aimed, because when you do the exact result you need (or more) the object thrown falls in the area aimed.

When you know where the orb falls, you throw the 2 red damage dice.

Where is this printed? I cant find it anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes' book, page 9:
Throwing and catching an object

Heroes' book, page 18:
Explosive Orb item card

EDIT: The above is for the english language rulebook. There seems to be some minor differences in the texts regarding use of items. The english rulebook has a couple of sentences about how some items can be used to make an attack, this has been omitted in the french rulebook (as far as I can see)....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General to Rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.