Hide
8 Posts

Forbidden Stars» Forums » General

Subject: Oh the irony . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Schneeberger
msg tools
So, Forbidden Stars has finally broken the top 100, and I suspect what did it--a rush of players buying the game before it goes out of stock--was also the final death knell of the game.

RRP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Andersen
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I'm concerned it is OOP as prices are getting ugly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Meh, it is all speculators trying to make a quick buck from a highly publicized game going oop. The game was widely available just a few days ago, now only resales. I think most people who wanted the game already bought it lobg ago, and all these speculators are wasting there time. I bet in a month prices come back down to msrp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
I bet in a month prices come back down to msrp.
I don't know. I mean the game has only been out for just over a year so I don't think there was more than one print run. If there is more pent up desire than the limited supply, I don't expect prices to drop.

Plus the number of people who are interested in a copy will only grow over time. Things like being in Tom's Top 100 (it was 74 last year so it might stick around) will continue to bring late comers seeking the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There was at least 2 print runs. It sold out almost immediately and got another print run about a month after release. It might have gotten a third one, but I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Schneeberger
msg tools
It also sat at 108 on the rankings for months, then jumped up to 99 is about a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prices for FS in Australia from retail shops have dropped about 20-30%. I guess some retailers want to get rid of it before it becomes had to clear it, while others are jacking the price up in hope people will pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
itmo wrote:
The prices for FS in Australia from retail shops have dropped about 20-30%.

Can you name any of these shops?
Because I don't believe that's true now, if it ever was.

Here's a listing of Australian shops that have an online presence. All of them are selling way above original price:
http://www.boardgamesearch.com.au/#!/search/forbidden%20star...

Now that's only shops that have an online presence. So maybe you know some mom & pop shops that have done the opposite, but I expect that would be an unusual case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.