Potion Explosion» Forums » General

Subject: Suggested age on US release says 14+ ??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just found this curious. Picked up the game earlier this week and just now noticed the age suggestion on the side of the box says 14+

It's not a problem... I have played it with my game group, and with my 8 year old daughter, and it's a hit with both... just thought it was weird that here on BGG the age says 8+, and on my box it says 14+

So... either it's a misprint, or, I don't know... maybe they think younger kids in the US are not going to "get" this kind of game..?
Weird

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The testing required to put lower age ranges on games is very expensive, so some companies get around that cost by putting a minimum age range that doesn't require the specialized testing.

Considering the inclusion of marbles (choking hazard) in the game this is likely why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
jmathias wrote:
The testing required to put lower age ranges on games is very expensive, so some companies get around that cost by putting a minimum age range that doesn't require the specialized testing.

Ah, I did not know that... that could very well be the reason then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.