Hide
4 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Early war: do you defend cuba? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ray donovan
msg tools
Early war, defcon2 usa dont have military ops and Ip war was already played or is in your hand. How do you react if usa put 1 into nicaragua? I defend almost everytime but i had 2 games versus a high level player who letted me realign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael mechila
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The reason why they just let you realign is to retain the mil ops. One way to defend Cuba with giving the mil ops is to push the US in somewhere else that the rival would have to response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Cook
msg tools
USA in Nicaragua on T2? That does not happen very often. Think as USSR, I'd not coup Nicaragua and press elsewhere on T2 as there are more important targets. If USA chooses to use more precious early ops to realign Cuba, then USSR can always coup Nicaragua to regain access to Cuba in mid war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ray donovan
msg tools
Bertwald wrote:
USA in Nicaragua on T2? That does not happen very often. Think as USSR, I'd not coup Nicaragua and press elsewhere on T2 as there are more important targets. If USA chooses to use more precious early ops to realign Cuba, then USSR can always coup Nicaragua to regain access to Cuba in mid war.

1 inf in costa rica is one of my priority turn 1 now. Taking cuba as usa early war is a huge reward in LT: 3 vp switch every scoring, temporary domination in CA and requierement for what i consider as the stronguest headline in the 1st rounds of middle war if ussr in not destalenized: CMC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.