Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Garnica
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people are into "tiny" homes, you know? I admire a minimalist lifestyle, and I'm interested in what constitutes a "complete" game collection for some people. How do you demonstrate variety with just a handful of games?

I'm not interested in larger-than-life shelves & collections, I don't wanna see wall-to-wall Ikea units. I wanna see one individual shelf, or one bookcase, or a small cupboard, or not more than say, 60 games. Smaller collections have their own charms, too.

No need to feel shame here, it's not the size of the collection that matters...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I also have KDM in a lonely corner which cost more than every game combined that you see in the picture. I chuckle a bit at the sprawling IKEA shelves full of games. I don't ever see myself owning more than 50 at a time. I don't like games with similar themes/mechanics and can barely remember the rules to the relatively few that I have. I play all of these often and am very happy with my distilled collection, which represent, as far as I can tell, completely different experiences/genres.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Ord
United Kingdom
Darlington
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am both living in a tiny house and a board game hoarder. It doesn't make for an elegant storage method.

All of those boxes contain my collection, minus my copy of Heroscape that had to be left in the loft because of the size of it. This is all stuffed in a storage room/bedroom hybrid with barely enough floor to walk around on. My house also doesn't have a table so I only get to play when a friend hosts a game night at their place.

One of my life aspirations at this point is living somewhere with a table and shelves. yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arteus wrote:
I am both living in a tiny house and a board game hoarder. It doesn't make for an elegant storage method.

All of those boxes contain my collection, minus my copy of Heroscape that had to be left in the loft because of the size of it. This is all stuffed in a storage room/bedroom hybrid with barely enough floor to walk around on. My house also doesn't have a table so I only get to play when a friend hosts a game night at their place.

One of my life aspirations at this point is living somewhere with a table and shelves. yuk

Consider a paste table , cheap and folds away when not in use, I used one last winter when our dining table was used as a storage facility while re organising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Themistoklis Dakanalis
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
Avid Euro Gamer
badge
Novice Board Game Designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here it is:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tdakanalis wrote:
Here it is:

What is the game sitting above Viticulture? And the one at the top of that stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I truly had a big collection and a tiny house I would drop all the boxes and store everything in large plastic bags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Themistoklis Dakanalis
Greece
Heraklion
Crete
flag msg tools
Avid Euro Gamer
badge
Novice Board Game Designer
mbmbmbmbmb
pacman88k wrote:
tdakanalis wrote:
Here it is:

What is the game sitting above Viticulture? And the one at the top of that stack?

Above Viticulture is sitting the Greek edition of Carcassonne. At the top of the stack is just an empty "blank" box with spare bits/blank cards etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korneel Troch
Belgium
Ghent
Oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think anything is missing in my collection, I always love to hear others recommendations!

The other shelf, I own around 50ish games, Monopoly/Scrabble and etc. Not included in the count meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, you're missing straight up euros! Where are the likes of Agricola, Puerto Rico, Stone Age, Ra, Caylus, Marco Polo, Tigris & Euphrates, Power Grid???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
Well, maybe not home, but my work Shelfie is a TINY.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer

That's: 1812, 1817, 1820 (prototype), 1830, 1831, 1838, 1839 (prototype), 1841, 1842, 1843, 1844, 1848, 1849, 1860, 1862, 1873, 1893, 18C2C, 18EA, 18Mex, 18OE, 18OH (prototype), 18Rhl, 18Rhur, and likely a few others I don't remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
korneeltroch wrote:
If you think anything is missing in my collection, I always love to hear others recommendations!

Sounds like you're headed for the other shelfies thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
os10
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
besides kids' games and party games in a spare bedroom closet, this is the "collection" as of today:

i have a pre-order on hold with CoolStuffInc, but after that ships, i think i'm done. there aren't any other games i'm interested in owning that are different enough from what i already have. need to stop buying and start playing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here is my humble shelf. It also houses my short boxes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Well, maybe not home, but my work Shelfie is a TINY.

Is that copy of Intrigue for 'team building'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
10/₆
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Sometimes, the dark side overcomes what Lincoln called the better angels of our nature"
mb
Poserdisposer wrote:

Hah, you kid, but it is risky to play at work. We had some words one game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Prewitt
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
Poserdisposer wrote:

Hah, you kid, but it is risky to play at work. We had some words one game.

When I was in the Air Force a lot of people played Magic (not me) and would get into HUGE heated arguments. One day the Chief walked in and saw them at it (pretty hostile arrangement) and "grounded" a bunch of grown men/soldiers from playing Magic any more at work because they couldn't "play nice". I thought it was really, really funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Dimanarig
Australia
flag msg tools
Here's mine! It's missing my Hanabi since it lives on my backpack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.