Subject: Need a few clarifications from some experts... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Johnson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Heya, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a few quick clarifications.

1) Do you units power attack in directions shown on the card and combined attack every location you have a target for or must you pick one target on the virtual grid?

2) If two units are played on the same turn do they both target for each other or only at the point of time they are played? i.e. the first unit played wouldn't hit anything but the second unit played would give it targeting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
epinema wrote:
Heya, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a few quick clarifications.

1) Do you units power attack in directions shown on the card and combined attack every location you have a target for or must you pick one target on the virtual grid?

A non-Ogre unit you play can only attack a single enemy unit. You pick a single valid target. The instructions never say this explicitly, but they do say an Ogre makes two attacks. Since units never move, it wouldn't make sense for an Ogre to attack twice if it hits everything in it's range with one attack. They also say "in most cases" you can only make one attack. I read this as also referring to the Ogre as the exception case.

Quote:
2) If two units are played on the same turn do they both target for each other or only at the point of time they are played? i.e. the first unit played wouldn't hit anything but the second unit played would give it targeting.

The instructions say "units must attack when deployed". I take this to mean the cards are played and resolved one at a time. So the second card played couldn't target for the first card played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
epinema wrote:

A non-Ogre unit you play can only attack a single enemy unit. You pick a single valid target. The instructions never say this explicitly, but they do say an Ogre makes two attacks. Since units never move, it wouldn't make sense for an Ogre to attack twice if it hits everything in it's range with one attack. They also say "in most cases" you can only make one attack. I read this as also referring to the Ogre as the exception case.

Quote:

The instructions say "units must attack when deployed". I take this to mean the cards are played and resolved one at a time. So the second card played couldn't target for the first card played.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Johnson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification guys, just double-checking :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.