Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my learn to play the game game yesterday, I had two cars take catastrophic damage. Both took 3 permanent markers, red flagged them to the back of the pack for a restart.

My question: These 3 markers which cannot be removed will reduce their movement by 3, or more if I get more wear markers, for the remainder of the game correct? At least that is how I played it. Are there other implications of getting a catastrophic damage marker?

Another one: When coming back on the track after pitting and there is a car there I have to use lateral movement. Does it cost the same 2 mp's as racing lateral movement or just 1mp to get back on the track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Steward
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to the first question. F1 cars are pretty fragile and getting damaged enough to hinder you for the rest of the race is usually enough to retire the car as soon as possible. Considering only the first 10 finishers score points, spending the rest of the race off the pace virtually guarantees that the car won't do any good running all the way to the end.

I believe so. Cars entering the pits use the pit entry speed and pay 2 MP for lateral displacements as normal. They take no close call tokens regardless of displacements or card text and acquire no wear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That was not how I was playing it but will use the 2mp lateral displacement from here on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.