Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Walton
United Kingdom
Chiswick
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card text states that the Intelligence Condition is 'surprise attack' and that this cannot be changed by play of a response card. As far as I can see the other cards that specify Surprise Attack have no EC Intelligence Rating (presumably because the the intelligence condition can only be changed by response card) but this card has an EC rating of 5. My interpretation of this is that even though the card specifies a Surprise Attack the Japanese player can still attempt to change the intelligence condition to 'Intercept', but only by rolling against the EC rating. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Huber-Wehner
Germany
Brühl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are refering to the "replacement" card 5* which came with a C3I magazine, right?

Well, I think the "EC:5" value is a printing error. The card is also included in the 2nd printing of EotS.
There the card (#85) has an "EC:-" value. So I would say ignore the "EC:5" value and treat it as "EC:-".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Walton
United Kingdom
Chiswick
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I am referring to the replacement card 5*. Your explanation makes sense. Thank you for the response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Xenophon wrote:
You are refering to the "replacement" card 5* which came withe a C3I magazine, right?

Well, I think the "EC:5" value is a printing error. The card is also included in the 2nd printing of EotS.
There the card (#85) has an "EC:-" value. So I would say ignore the "EC:5" value and treat it as "EC:-".

Correct, "Time heals all errata."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.