Subject: Inaugural Four Against Darkness AAR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Miller
United States
Rawlins
Wyoming
flag msg tools
So here goes my first AAR report of Four Against Darkness...

This adventure happened a couple of days ago....

The band formed up....they were named the Squad of the Fearless.
None of them had done this before but off to fame and fortune they were.

The leader of the troupe was a Warrior named Stane. Next up was a dwarf named Thumbel, a cleric named Gallant and a rogue named Waite.

Off the ventured to the closest avenue of adventure.

Creaking open the door to the dungeon the intrepid group made it too the first room. The Squad discovered it was empty, how terribly boring they thought. They proceeded forward running into 8 Skeletons, smashed to dust, and in a hallway they ran into a Medusa (by game terms this ended up being the final boss, I know short, but that's randomness for ya)

Right off the bat Gallant flubbed his save and was stoned. After this the Squad was able to kill evil snake haired lady.

As a result of this boss kill Stane got the first XP roll wherein he leveled up, but due to the fact that the Squad was broke and found little treasure it was decided Gallant would remain in the dungeon. No sense dragging a statue around the countryside.

Overall this first, very short adventure was enough for me to really grok this game system. I have to say it really made me feel like I was playing DND when I was like 10 yrs old. I love the quickness of it. I also like drawing the map as I played. I remember drawing maps just to draw them when I was a lot younger. Very good first start even if one of the group got stoned.

I would post a picture of the random dungeon drawn up for this adventure but I can't figure out how to do it...so enjoy this write up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.