Subject: Mini review on a Mini game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been watching the Snooker World Championship in Sheffield on tv each and every year for the last 20 years or so. I may have touched a cue about half a dozen times. This shows the extent of my enjoyment and knowledge of the game.

So when I saw the Snooker Solitaire Snooker WIP thread on the front page I had to check it out. And I am glad I did. It is a great snooker puzzle which captures a lot of the excitement I take from watching snooker: Shot selection, break building, snookers and fouls.

My first match saw me get thrashed. Why? Poor shot selections and poor resource management (chalck and power). Exciting? Yes, because it showed shot selection mattered. I couldn't wait to get another match in.

My second game saw me flunk so many easy shots early on. Soon I found myself 17-40 down with 18 left on the table (out of a maximum of 107 points). I forced two fouls on my opponent and won the match. Oh, glorious feeling.

In my third match I cleared the table in one visit for a break of 66 (out of a maximum 107). It was awesome. And thrilling, especially because I ran out of power and couldn't make the final shots a little easier.

The fourth game produced the highest break I have made so far, another full clearance of 93. Will I ever better that? Hopefully.

It is a really nice and quick game I can play in my lunch break at work at my desk. I am very much looking forwards to the upcoming lunch breaks next weeks to play another tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kyrill for writing such a positive review - I'm really happy that you enjoyed playing Snooker Solitaire (93 is pretty amazing break!).

You should post your review on the SGOYT thread as well - and do feel free give the game a rating.

I see that you have also posted couple of questions, so I'll now reply to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Done.

Added another anecdote and also the sequence of balls that got me my 93 break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.