Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys should really think about moving over to the WK suggested format. That super cube you fought in the 2nd round is a perfect example of why it was put into place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale McKee
msg tools
I think it's cool to see different venues doing things their own way. My venue, Heretic Games, retires resources and has a 3-ship minimum, but no point cap per ship. It hasn't led to "Dreadnought Fever" despite some concerns it would.

That's a really nice video, too. Thanks for the share!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
That being said, I know a friend who's gonna love seeing the Cube in action. XD He's continually saddened that the big Cubes aren't viable for OP play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
That being said, I know a friend who's gonna love seeing the Cube in action. XD He's continually saddened that the big Cubes aren't viable for OP play.

The new one is viable, due to the fact that is is 30 points cheaper than the original. It becomes a little tougher when you throw in the blinds but without them in 130-140 points you still have plenty to work with.plus you can get a sphere for 25 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My store's using the 120 pt limit right now. As for the sphere, I thought that was still 40 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
As for the sphere, I thought that was still 40 points.

It is, but when you use the Borg Support Vehicle Dock then the Support Vehicle gets a 10 point discount, or 15 point discount if it's a Sphere. So, if you run a 40 point Sphere as a Support Vehicle then it's only 25 points (but, on the downside, you don't get to use it until you've lost all of your Shields on your Cube and/or had your Cube destroyed).

Also, if you run the named Sphere from the Cube expansion as a Support Vehicle then you ALSO get a 2 point discount on any one upgrade that Sphere takes, making a potential 17 point saving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All right then, J's going to be VERY happy to hear that. XD As it is, my store's playing catch up. There wasn't enough demand until J and I started playing in the OPs, so we're just wrapping the TCM campaign this Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
120 point Borg list with with the big cube and support dock, not amazing but viable. Also Cube 384 is immune to anything that messes with its shields (PSF).

Cube 384 [52]
- Korok * (Captain) [4]
- Borg Support Vehicle Dock [0]
Ship Total: 56 SP

Sphere 936 [25]
- Tactical Drone * (Captain) [4]
Ship Total: 29 SP

Scout 255 [24]
- Borg Queen * (Captain) [6]
- Magnetometric Guided Charge [5]
Ship Total: 35 SP

Fleet Total: 120 SP

Generated by Utopia
http://kfnexus.github.io/staw-utopia/

The tribble event looks fun, might take the tribble upgrade card for even more tribbles on that event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
Tribbles are fun! Even for a Klingon! Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywYzEoJFtBM

As usual a good batrep, thanks Steve. It would be nice if you could talk about your tactics, what worked and what didn't -- how you play your Klingons in the face of modern opposition which I suspect makes it harder for you, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Typheron, I'll let J know about that build. ^^ He's got everything but the MGC, but I'll lend it to him if he decides to run it. I'll stop hijacking this thread now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Seery
msg tools
The Fed build was illegal. Bellerophon can't equip transphasic torpedoes

I'd really like to see you use a different build. You always use Klingon flagship and it feels like a bit of a crutch if I'm honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emperorpenguin wrote:
The Fed build was illegal. Bellerophon can't equip transphasic torpedoes

I'd really like to see you use a different build. You always use Klingon flagship and it feels like a bit of a crutch if I'm honest.

It was, but my venue decided to adopt the resource retirement schedule so I'll have to stop using it anyway. I will miss it though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
It was, but my venue decided to adopt the resource retirement schedule so I'll have to stop using it anyway. I will miss it though!

By any chance was it the cube using the crew Fleet Captain card that forced that decision?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice video. Curious if more stores are going to 130/3 ships/50 max, or is 120 still the official points after boosters fade away?

Our local store stayed at 130 after boosters, and it's been a blast. You can run three 43 point ships and open up a lot of fun fleets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.