Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that each player is supposed to start with 3 "starting crew" that each have only one symbol. My copy of Islebound came with 16 starting crew members (4 of which are duplicates of another 4) and only 6 non-starting crew members. I wonder if I got too many starting crew and am missing some non-starting crew (it seems odd to have more starting crew than needed for the game, and the duplication has me concerned).

Anyone else have duplicate crew members? How many starters/non-starters should be in the game? Should there be duplicate crew members?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry
Scotland
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, I have 12 starting crew members and 10 non-starting crew members with no duplicates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted W
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They would have had to be punched out of the boards - did you receive two copies of one board, and are missing another board?

If the board was duplicated, you would have some islands with duplicate names too (not including the 4 corner ports)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evilturnip wrote:
They would have had to be punched out of the boards - did you receive two copies of one board, and are missing another board?

If the board was duplicated, you would have some islands with duplicate names too (not including the 4 corner ports)

That was the most mysterious part of it to me. None of the islands are duplicated, yet somehow those 4 crew members got duplicate prints on two different boards. As far as I can tell, I am just missing 4 crew members (with double abilities) that somehow got printed incorrectly.

It seems very strange to me, but I don't know the details of the printing/manufacturing process. There could be a reasonable explanation I suppose.

Regardless, I have contacted Red Raven Games and hope to have the matter corrected soon. Thanks for the information!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.