Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Adventure Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi like my other posts on Skills and Items, here is a post on adventure cards.

Adventure cards come in 3 colors, Orange Green, and Purple. They include various numbers of Combat, Quests, and Events. The table below lists the type in each color deck. The number in perentasies is the average health of enemies.

Orange - Green - Purple
Base
Combat 16(6.1) - 2(4) - 2(4)
Quest 1 - 16- 1
Event 3 - 2 - 17

Gilded Blade
Combat 4(5.2) - 0 - 0
Quest 0 - 4 - 1
Event 1 - 1 - 4

Mountains Rise
Combat 3(7.7) - 0 - 1
Quest 1 - 5 - 0
Event 1 - 0 - 4

Each Scenario also adds 10 cards to each deck

Margath
Combat 6(6) - 1(7) - 2(5)
Quest 2 - 6 - 2
Event 2 - 3 - 6

Vorakesh
Combat 7(5.1) - 3(5) - 2(4)
Quest 1 - 5 - 2
Event 2 - 2 - 6

Ariad
Combat 8(5.2) - 2(5) - 1(6)
Quest 1 - 7 - 1
Event 1 - 1 - 8

Dark Star
Combat 7(5) - 1(5) - 1(5)
Quest 1 - 8 - 2
Event 1 - 1 - 8

Comments:

1) The expansion scenarios tend to fall their color more then the base game scenarios.

2) Dark Star scenario has less enemies and they have less health.

3) The mountains rise has some tough enemies.

What does FFG want you to do? Shuffle the 10 scenario adventure cards in with a random 20 of the standard adventure cards for each deck.

What will I do? I will do what FFG suggests. I really like how the scenario adventure cards set the mode for the scenario, and I don't want to dilute them. I also feel that they are all well marked, and easy to remove.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really love to understand this also as far as I was concerned you could use character expansion packs to add to the standard adventure cards deck making it more than 20 cards, is this not the case and you need to randomly select 20 if you have 25 or 30 standard adventure cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewAU wrote:
I'd really love to understand this also as far as I was concerned you could use character expansion packs to add to the standard adventure cards deck making it more than 20 cards, is this not the case and you need to randomly select 20 if you have 25 or 30 standard adventure cards?

Always 20. If there are more, then random 20.

Only issue there could be is that due to randomness you might up getting too many 'wrong' adventures in a row. Such as combat when you're looking for an exploration quest. But the odds of this are already on the low side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
AndrewAU wrote:

Always 20. If there are more, then random 20.

Only issue there could be is that due to randomness you might up getting too many 'wrong' adventures in a row. Such as combat when you're looking for an exploration quest. But the odds of this are already on the low side.

Makes sense, thanks! Too bad it's not like Eldritch Horror adventure decks but I guess you need to have a good balance between standard and scenario adventure cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:

What will I do? I will do what FFG suggests. I really like how the scenario adventure cards set the mode for the scenario, and I don't want to dilute them. I also feel that they are all well marked, and easy to remove.

There's what I like to do:
* In Combat deck use expansions to remove duplicate encounters only
> this way you can avoid whole "shuffle and pick 20" thing, and you get more variety in encounters.

* In Social deck remove PvP related cards, using non-PvP cards from expansions. By PvP cards I mean those that allow you to challenge other players, steal their money, make contests etc. That's my personal preference because I don't like those cards

* As far as Quests deck is concerned each quest is as good as any other, so shuffle and pick 20 is good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cranky hobbit
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Playing solo I also remove the PvP cards. Much better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.