$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 128.86

7,613 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
48% of Goal | left

Support:

Can I upgrade attribute that's initial level is 0 by learning skill of that attribute- e.g. Master Thorn (initial body - 0 ) learns Animal Strength (not sure about the name - I have Polish edition) - body skill that gives +2 to body level.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume yes, since that would otherwise be an extreme extra penalty for starting with 0 in an attribute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yes, you can do that. However, skills that say something like "+1 body to skill checks" would not work. It has to change the attribute of the character for you to be able to use other skill cards. If something gives you +body and it's a body attribute, of which Thorn and Zyla have none, then it still works since it's giving them +X to their body attribute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great, thank you guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hudoba
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had this same question in a recent game, and we found the answer in the "Skill Check" section of the Rules Reference:

"A hero can learn a new skill to exceed his or her attributes, but, unless the skill increases the attribute, the hero must then discard one of his or her learned skills."

Usually this would apply, for example, to a character with an attribute score of 2 in something trying to learn a third matching-attribute skill, after which they'd have to toss one. In this case, though, a character with a base attribute of zero would be able to learn a skill that boosts the matching type, because by default it then allows them to have that skill when they previously couldn't retain any. Otherwise, yes, it would be a huge penalty (as commented above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.