$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.7% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: 12 Games, Lost all of Them - is the Game Very Hard or SIN Player Very Good??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abdelrhaman Mohamed
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
DXB
flag msg tools
mbmb

Heroes of the Faith

so after 12 games, played all the stories expect the Hell Club, All the Sins and mixed up the Acolytes and Maps to get a sense of difficulty levels. I was hard we lost and lost and lost..

we saw that one of things that made it hard was the DICE Heroes better be having a very good day with their DICE roles to be able to kill, while SIN Dice already gives it 3 punches! and 1 is a Burst.. really? was the Burst needed??? (yes it a dice game but come on!) - having 2 sets of dice one for fights and 1 for cleanse!

having all Sin units be referred to as Monsters which u can spawn once killed also added the difficulty, when a Sin gets to spawn back the apocalypse card monsters that really breaks things. even orbital strike get pointless it cant kill any of the BIG serious threats.

most of the time SIN players like to hold up in a district and wait for the Heroes so they can roll 100 dice and get kills, which is a legit tactic but still killer move.

we are trying and trying to really Love the game and enjoy it but unless ur SIN.. well good luck for the Heroes even Upgrade cards dont really help much since it very limited how many upgrades u can get in a round depending on the district situation.

also i have not tried any of the ADD On hero sets maybe some of those heroes might provide better balance and upgrade cards.

i dont even wanna imagine what happens with u bring in Apocalypse and the 4 horse monsters into the game!

so is it the game or are the SIN players just very good and super lucky with dice rolls.. i mean my group is a hardcore gaming group so we all a pretty cut throat and competitive in all games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is balanced enough. In my group, I insist we rotate the SINs player so no one is stuck being the "ONE" in one versus many. As the FAITH players, you have to get creative and know when to push your characters (typically sacrificing them) to their limits for the win. You have to be willing to sacrifice them, but you cannot do so in vain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sammy
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
I've played 4 times I think. The Sins player won once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sendy
msg tools
A quick rule note here, you can't respawn the Hell Club monsters as they specify they are removed from the game when killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clubb
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
I think it is balanced enough. In my group, I insist we rotate the SINs player so no one is stuck being the "ONE" in one versus many. As the FAITH players, you have to get creative and know when to push your characters (typically sacrificing them) to their limits for the win. You have to be willing to sacrifice them, but you cannot do so in vain. :)

This.

And you have to use the district actions right, be willing to take a wound to leave a space with monsters, etc.

The game is very unforgiving to the Faith player, so every turn counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sagritalo
United States
Round Lake Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artistix wrote:

What are you doing as I am having similar problems as the OP? Some advice on tactics would be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdelrhaman Mohamed
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
DXB
flag msg tools
mbmb
Artistix wrote:

I'm sure ppl are winning, or else CMON n Eric won't have released the game.

So Far each time we rotate the SIN player in our group SIN wins, as I mentioned we tend not to go easy on each other as gamers but I feel just little tweaks here and there would just make it perfect gaming experience for all. Even as SIN it's not easy just to WIN they got to put work into their plan killing 7 heroes.

I know if I took this game to another group that are not hardcore they would surely hate the game, I think it's an awesome game but we trying to enjoy it from both sides.

For this game will be put to the side till I get my Add Ons (they didn't ship together ) try the game again with the other Heroes see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Champie
United States
Eureka
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played 2 games and it's 50/50. First game they didn't realize how fire and corruption could sneak up on you and took too much attrition from them.

2nd game I was Greed on Haven in Flames, and they stomped me without losing a single hero till the very end.

I'm going to give it some more plays, but I want to rotate the Sin player too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RandomOne wrote:
Artistix wrote:

What are you doing as I am having similar problems as the OP? Some advice on tactics would be useful.

Some good discussions here:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1628803/i-really-need-s...

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1623723/shooters

I'm also at 50:50.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Foss
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd consider myself at 50-50 too. The first game was 'a draw' because my friend and I both had to get to bed early and decided to call it. He was doing pretty well, but I was starting to accelerate up the power curve as Sloth/Hobos on the recommended starter mission, Map A. "Haven Under Assault" is it? But I think it still could have been anybody's game. Sloth seems pretty solid, especially being able to slow the heroes down pretty consistently.

Second game, I tried Envy/Doctors and we played the same starter mission, but on Map B. That was a lot easier for the heroes as they were able to make liberal use of the orbital strike and continuously cull my abominations. They were able to gear up at the right time and take out the Envy avatar with ease as well. I basically got steamrolled. Envy also seems like a bit of a weak sin whose ability doesn't fire that often.

Third game, I tried Gluttony/Nuns and played the starter mission on Map A again, mainly because of new players. They were playing well, but Gluttony seems like a really powerfull Sin. I was continuously running out of Sins cards to draw because they were cycling back into my hand so fast... The Nuns are also nice acolytes because you can (hopefully) block off useful district City Actions. I killed off the Orbital Strike fairly early and that made it difficult for the heroes to satisfy their missions by thinning monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.