Subject: "Needed" expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just getting into Warhammer Conquest. I'm getting one core and legions of undead expansion, is there any "mandatory" expansion as in others FFG LCG like WInvasion (Assault on Ulthuan) or Star Wars (edge of darkness) to complete the core set? Or I'll be fine with those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably best to at least double up on the core set. You might want to consider grabbing 3 because that probably won't be an option for much longer. (1 core set will not let you build mono-faction decks for the initial 7 factions).

You'll also want The Great Devourer for 'nids.

After that the cycles aren't mandatory, but do come highly recommended.

EDIT: The sad thing with Conquest is it got killed really early in its life cycle. This is good in that collecting everything right now, before it goes away, should be pretty cheap.

The downside to this is, both the deluxe sets are mandatory if you want all nine factions.

The Warlords cycle expanded everyone's deck options (except 'nids and Necrons). The Planetfall cycle made the planets have more meaning to your turn by turn strategies. Deathworld has been expanding the options for elite unit decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
What he said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is no longer being made. I would recommend buying everything you can find, it's almost all good stuff, and if you have it all you'll have the most options and flexibility.

Also agree on 3 cores, it's the only way to have 7 mono faction decks at once. Also gives you more flexibility for deck building multi-factions.

The two deluxe sets give you two new factions, which are fun to build around, even if a little weak in their card pools.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can swing it, I'd reccomend getting a lot on eBay that has everything. I've seen them recently for around $230-250. It's a great game, totally worth it. And because it's all going out of print, acting sooner is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What StarkeRealm is good advice. Nothing is mandatory. Though priority to multiple core sets and the two deluxe expansions is advisable since it will allow you to make mono faction decks for all nine factions.

From there if you want some guidelines on priority for the individual packs I'd say Decree of Ruin, The Scourge and What Lurks Below are all solid packs. Those all contain good warlords for their factions. They will help AM be competitive, help Chaos run elite decks easier, and help make Nid infestation and genestealer cards more useful. From there I'd just finish up the Planetfall Cycle. It was probably the most interesting cycle and offers a lot of support to the warlords in those packs. Though I think you are better off buying complete cycles in order of release if possible to preserve the card pool balance at that point in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.