Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you are calculating who gets VP from awards, is 0 still an eligible value? We had an award where only player had a value at all, so we were thinking that he got 5 VP and everyone else (with 0) got 2 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Glazik
Poland
Poznan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question.

I would and will go for "no", but that's just my guess/interpretation. It's more thematical that way, I can't see how anybody can be a bank(st)er without "producing" any money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Trump wrote:
When you are calculating who gets VP from awards, is 0 still an eligible value? We had an award where only player had a value at all, so we were thinking that he got 5 VP and everyone else (with 0) got 2 VP.

Good question, I can't find the answer to this in the rulebook.

However, thematically it would make sense that people with ZERO in a given category shouldn't qualify for the corresponding award.

For example, if you have ZERO heat cubes how can you get any kind recognition for being a "thermalist"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
rzabcio wrote:
Good question.

I would and will go for "no", but that's just my guess/interpretation. It's more thematical that way, I can't see how anybody can be a bank(st)er without "producing" any money.

LOL, good answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
Trump wrote:

We don't have any special rules in this case. If all players on second place happens to have 0 in that category, then they all get some very cheap 2 VPs!

Of course, this would not happen with experienced players. If I could secure a second place on an award by just getting 1 science tag out, or 1 steel, or somehow raise MC production just 1 step, I would do it without blinking. 2 VPs is a lot!

In the extreme case that no player has anything at all counting for the award, then all would get 5 VPs for sharing first place! But who would pay to fund an award in the first place, if he didn't have anything in that category himself?

Edit: Mixed up some of the awards and milestones, but the principle is the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EagleEye80 wrote:
Of course, this would not happen with experienced players. If I could secure a second place on an award by just getting 1 science tag out, or 1 steel, or somehow raise MC production just 1 step, I would do it without blinking. 2 VPs is a lot!

What happened was that the game was going to end that generation and only two awards had been bought. It was unclear which the last would be and we couldn't get our fingers in every pie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Well since there are "no special rules", I i like if you have ZERO you get nothing better ... more thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
It is more thematic, I agree, so you have a strong case for a houserule here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.