Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One the most overlooked rules for us is that after you enlist a recruit and unlock a recruit associated with a bottom row action - you also get the unlocked benefit for taking the associated bottom row action - not just the players on your right and left.

Also, we always forget that the windmill hex produces as an extra hex (i.e. it doesn't just act as an extra worker).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
jgunnz wrote:
One the most overlooked rules for us is that after you enlist a recruit and unlock a recruit associated with a bottom row action - you also get the unlocked benefit for taking the associated bottom row action - not just the players on your right and left.

Also, we always forget that the windmill hex produces as an extra hex (i.e. it doesn't just act as an extra worker).

I never knew the first part. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Kitto
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
there's 3 people in the picture above the enlist bonus. you are the middle person. the other 2 are your neighbors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
taylor20k wrote:
there's 3 people in the picture above the enlist bonus. you are the middle person. the other 2 are your neighbors.

I knew you got it in future turns. I didn't realize you got it immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
Nusferatu wrote:
corkysru wrote:
[q="taylor20k"]there's 3 people in the picture above the enlist bonus. you are the middle person. the other 2 are your neighbors.

You only get the ongoing bonus on future turns, not the turn you enlist. The one-time bonus you get immediately.
I don't think the OP mentions that you get the ongoing bonus the same turn either though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jeffreys
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:

Correct, only in future turns.
The OP's phrasing is a bit misleading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct - I did not mention nor mean to suggest that "you get the ongoing bonus the same turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also took the OP's thread title to mean that you would get the recruit bonus immediately when you placed a recruit...I think some clarification might be a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bård Holst
msg tools
mb
StormKnight wrote:
I also took the OP's thread title to mean that you would get the recruit bonus immediately when you placed a recruit...I think some clarification might be a good idea.

He does say "after you enlist a recruit" which is different than "when" you enlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
jgunnz wrote:

This is why the windmill comes off of the "Produce" section! If you find yourself forgetting the windmill, just make sure to slow down and follow the board carefully when taking actions. This works for recruit too. Even though there's a lot going on, the boards do a great job of putting almost all the reminders you need in one place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.