BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Snakes and Lattes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Die Scholle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am in Toronto until 3 Oct and I noticed a huge boardgaming cafe. I was wondering whether anybody would be interested in playing a game there one evening, as I don't yet know any gamers here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Copp
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there are a bunch of them in the downtown area. Sorry I'm not around for it myself, but if you check out one of the local meetup groups (geekz united is on meetup.com for example) you might do well to head out to one of those. They're very welcoming groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably the biggest meetup related group is http://www.meetup.com/ToBoardGamers/ - they have events multiple times per week around the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, woodforsheep.com or .ca hosts game nights just north of Toronto twice a week, not sure if your travel capabilities. Check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to get out to the S&L on College St (near Bathurst) once a week. I usually meet a few folks there so we can have you join us. What kind of games do you like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're downtown, your best bet for open gaming would be 401 Games (@518 Yonge St., 1 block south of Wellesley subway station) Wednesday evenings beginning at 6pm.

You don't have to join Meetup to attend the 401 Games board game night but it does help to ensure that you'll have a spot in a game beginning at 6pm, else you may have to wait awhile.

On Monday evenings (well 4-10pm), there's another open gaming meetup held at Face to Face Games located at the SW corner of Woodbine & Danforth (above the Pizza Pizza restaurant), located just south of the Woodbine subway station on the Bloor line.

Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

...is the main organizer of the Toronto BoardGamers meetup group and is usually at 401 Games on Wednesdays.

Sara often holds gaming sessions at her apartment on Fridays and I see she has one scheduled for this upcoming Friday. For that event only, since it is RSVP, you'll need to join the Meetup group.

GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamie and Marcus for providing such detail about our group and some of our events!

Definitely feel free to join our meetup group or message me if you want details about some gaming events happening in Toronto while you are here. We don't venture out to the boardgame cafes often since our members have a vast collection of games so playing for free is preferable for us. You are definitely welcome to join us anytime!

I look forward to meeting you while you're here. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Die Scholle
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the responses! I am staying on College St at the moment and was surprised to see how big boardgames are here compared to NZ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandra M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't live in Toronto, but I order games from both 401 and Snakes and Lattes and they're both lovely. I visited Snakes and Lattes when I was in Toronto in May and it was great. Enjoy, and good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.