Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony C.

St Paul
Minnesota
msg tools
mb
I have a couple questions on the rules for solo campaigning:

Do creatures die if they get down to 0 ep? One case I'm thinking of is playing an ice card when the creature is at 1 ep.

Can you have more than two items in your hand in campaign mode?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
fatasia wrote:
I have a couple questions on the rules for solo campaigning:

Do creatures die if they get down to 0 ep? One case I'm thinking of is playing an ice card when the creature is at 1 ep.

Can you have more than two items in your hand in campaign mode?

Thanks!

Yes and yes

I forgot to put it in the 1st edition of the rulebook, but yes, when a creatures EP is 0 they are defeated.

And you can have as many items in your hand as you want in the campaign, as long as you don't go over your hand limit.

Any other questions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C.

St Paul
Minnesota
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the quick response Stephen! No other questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C.

St Paul
Minnesota
msg tools
mb
I lied, a couple more questions:

1) When the engulf card is played by a specter and I decided to play the wind card, can I still discard the wind card to avoid the damage? Also is it mandatory to do one of the actions listed if possible, or can you choose to just take the 5 damage?

2) For the revenant archetype, do I discard the card I played or does it go back into my hand when I lose all my HP and have to use the ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
fatasia wrote:
I lied, a couple more questions:

1) When the engulf card is played by a specter and I decided to play the wind card, can I still discard the wind card to avoid the damage? Also is it mandatory to do one of the actions listed if possible, or can you choose to just take the 5 damage?

2) For the revenant archetype, do I discard the card I played or does it go back into my hand when I lose all my HP and have to use the ability?

1) Hm, good point..and something I didn't clarify in the rulebook, so good find. Honestly, play it however you want, it won't wreck the game if you discard the wind in play or don't. Personally, I would allow the wind to be discarded.

And yes, you can opt to just take 5 DMG, but that would typically be less desirable than the other options given.

2) It gets deactivated if you die. That a general rule of thumb for anyone that I didn't make clear enough in the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C.

St Paul
Minnesota
msg tools
mb
Thanks Stephen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.