Subject: Where to Buy Cars similar size and scale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been designing a kart racing game and want to use cars of similar size/scale as Formula D for proxy. Can someone point me to where I can buy the Formula D cars or something of similar size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
This German shop sells gaming material:
https://www.spielematerial.de/en/

These items could fit: https://www.spielematerial.de/en/game-components/game-pieces...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shapeway.com

Microracingcars.com

Eureka USA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought a few from Shapeways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f homess

Portland
Oregon
msg tools
mbmb
I have bought a few different packs from shapeways. Always in the cheapest, Frosted Ultra plastic. All the ones I have are from Giles's Design (formerly known as aegidian), who has several of the appropriate scale.

The 2011 Formula 1 cars look great.

I have a set of the 1971 Le Mans cars that I've finished painting as well. They're just a slight bit too large in length for most spaces on the track, but the width is fine and the size doesn't detract. I will take a picture and post it.

I've also got the 1957 and 1962 Formula 1 sets, which I applying the final details to. I found these to be the most challenging to paint because of the larger, open cockpits. The 1962 set are particularly small what with the skinny chassis and wide set wheels. I'll post pictures when they're done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
z scale is what you are looking for. Lots of manufacturers make them in that scale with various degrees of detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everyone for your replies! Extremely helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is interested I have Shapeways plastic 12 pack of F1 cars and Eureka USA metal 4 pack of F1 cars I would sell. They are small about 17mm's full length.

I wanted longer cars and bought these to see how big they are. I do have longer cars from Eureka probably about 22-23mm's long. Which is the size I am looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the small Eureka cars. They do not come with driver helmets, so I used silicone beads that came in my allergy medicine bottle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
I used the small Eureka cars. They do not come with driver helmets, so I used silicone beads that came in my allergy medicine bottle.

I used the needles that come with your dress shirts. Or at least they used to be pinned together with needles. The needle heads are oval and look better as opposed to a spherical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.