$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Darryl Melander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
As Hastings is going out of business, their games are currently 50% off, and I'm doing some early Christmas shopping. As you can imagine from a store going out of business, their game inventory isn't exactly consistent. They have the Battle for Faerun starter kit, but the boosters they have are for Faerun Under Siege. I've never played Dice Masters, so I don't know how the different sets work together. Would there be any point in getting the starter kit for Battle for Faerun but boosters for Fearun Under Siege? Or maybe even DC or marvel boosters? Would boosters that don't match my starter pack be a waste of money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely not - get whatever you can get. You will need to get one of the Starter Sets to have the Sidekick dice and Basic Action Dice/Cards, but it can be literally any of the 10+ they have out now. Thematically, getting something from the same IP would work "best", so a BFF Starter with FUS boosters would be just fine.

The only thing to be aware of is that the characters/dice found in the Starter come in booster packs that match that set. For example: in the BFF Starter you have 3 cards and 2 dice for the Human Paladin, but that character/those dice aren't in any of the FUS boosters so you'd never have more than 2 of his dice.

Everything from all the sets is compatible and can be played together, there are a few very slight terminology differences to be aware of (for example - the Sidekick dice that come in the Starters are called "NPC" dice in the D&D sets).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Melander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Good to hear. Looks like I'll be getting a jump on stocking stuffers this year. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.