Wade Broadhead
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Bruno,

They game will be available at Essen, about 50-75 copies. I'll let Don chime in on the name of the vendor who will be carrying it.

Cheers,
Wade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
denverarch wrote:
Hello Bruno,

They game will be available at Essen, about 50-75 copies. I'll let Don chime in on the name of the vendor who will be carrying it.

Cheers,
Wade

Thanks Wade, i'll wait for that info from Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oblivion wrote:
Will the game be available at Essen?

If so is there some kind of pre-order?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I do not have any way to fulfill copies for pre-orders at Essen, otherwise, I would offer that option from our store here: www.KnightWorksGames.com/store.

BraveNewWorld.biz has promised me that there will be a limited number of copies of Forged in Steel, as well as Hands in the Sea, available at their Essen booth, though. SpiralGalaxyGames.co.uk "should" have copies available, as well. You would have to contact them to verify if they will offer an Essen pickup option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
Israel
flag msg tools
At what price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
At what price?

Forged in Steel retails for $60, but I am selling it for $50 on our store at: www.KnightWorksGames.com/store. I have no idea what the other companies are selling the game for. Please visit our store for information on expansions, shipping, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very little to none info of the game on either Brave New World and Spiral Galaxy...

It kind of makes it harder to try and get the game. If you have some other more direct contact... it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oblivion wrote:
Very little to none info of the game on either Brave New World and Spiral Galaxy...

It kind of makes it harder to try and get the game. If you have some other more direct contact... it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Both companies will be selling games at the Essen Spiel convention. However, Spiral Galaxy Games is a distributor only. They do not sell games directly to the public except for conventions. Brave New World is also a distributor, but they do run a hobby shop in Cologne, Germany. I am not sure if they will ship games to customers directly from their store, but you can email them here info@bravenewworld.biz, for more information.

The only other, EU based, retail stores that are carrying Knight Works games only have (Hands in the Sea) in stock. One of the huge issues of being an Indie Game Publisher is trying to get games into distribution.

Only 1,500 copies of Hands in the Sea and 1,000 copies of Forged in Steel were manufactured. After the Kickstarter fulfillment, and pre-orders, Hands in the Sea is almost gone and Forged in Steel will soon follow. Small game publishers run a fine line between manufacturing "just enough" copies to meet the demand. If I guess incorrectly and manufacture too many then I risk losing significant amounts of money. The problem with that logic is that I cannot get a game into distribution until it becomes widely popular.

In my experience, I find that people often say, "I will just wait until the game arrives in my local hobby shop." What people do not realize is, when you deal with an indie game publisher, that is unlikely unless the Kickstarter campaign is a massive success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
Badigel wrote:
At what price?

Forged in Steel retails for $60, but I am selling it for $50 on our store at: www.KnightWorksGames.com/store. I have no idea what the other companies are selling the game for. Please visit our store for information on expansions, shipping, etc.

Hi Don, Is the EU friendly part still applicable? ^^

Quote:
Originally funded on Kickstarter, but you can order a Kickstarter copy today. (Note: Copies are EU friendly for a limited time!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicol Stéphane
France
chateaugiron FRANCE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If so, i will be interested too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It probably still is Euro friendly, the thing is... we still need to pay for shipping when we could get it at Essen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Victor Mancha wrote:

Yes, I still have roughly 40 copies in our UK warehouse of both games. Once those are gone then I will change the description on our company website to let people know the copies are no longer being sold as EU friendly.

Depending upon the demand, the Essen Spiel copies could sell out very quickly. There will be less than 60 copies of either game for sale at the convention.

Oblivion wrote:
It probably still is Euro friendly, the thing is... we still need to pay for shipping when we could get it at Essen!

Unfortunately, I need to reimburse my costs to ship the game internationally. We pay the VAT, and the fees/handling charges for our UK warehouse to ship the games, which is in addition to the postage charges. If we were a much larger company we would have saved money by shipping 1,000s of games to the EU. Because of the low print count, we only shipped a couple hundred games which dramatically increased the overall cost of shipping each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
Victor Mancha wrote:

Yes, I still have roughly 40 copies in our UK warehouse of both games. Once those are gone then I will change the description on our company website to let people know the copies are no longer being sold as EU friendly.

Depending upon the demand, the Essen Spiel copies could sell out very quickly. There will be less than 60 copies of either game for sale at the convention.

Oblivion wrote:

Unfortunately, I need to reimburse my costs to ship the game internationally. We pay the VAT, and the fees/handling charges for our UK warehouse to ship the games, which is in addition to the postage charges. If we were a much larger company we would have saved money by shipping 1,000s of games to the EU. Because of the low print count, we only shipped a couple hundred games which dramatically increased the overall cost of shipping each game.

I'm a little late to the party here but I'm struggling to track this down. BraveNewWorld.biz have no mention in the Spiel exhibitors listing and have no mention of FiS on their website. As far as I can tell they won't be there. SpiralGalaxyGames.co.uk will be there but don't include Knightworks as a publisher they cover and again there is no mention of FiS on any of their Essen information.

The Knightworks web site implies that delivery will be from the USA and adds $20 (over £15) for postage. If it is coming from the USA then there will be duty to pay plus the DHL £8.00 handling fee so a total of $101 (£78). If the intention is to ship from the UK warehouse, £15 is enough for the standard delivery of a 5kg package.

If it will be at Essen, then I can avoid the crazy expense of postage (which to be honest is a deal breaker), but I can find no information to confirm that it will be at Essen. Can anyone nail this one way of another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're feeling my pain!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Ebner
Austria
Salzburg
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oblivion wrote:
You're feeling my pain! :D

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1004915 - offering Essen pickup :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Aruwen wrote:
Oblivion wrote:
You're feeling my pain!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1004915 - offering Essen pickup

OK so Brave New World will be at Essen (Hall 7-116) but talk me through €73 ($81) for a $60 MRSP? Prices for Essen 2016, seem to have gone mental. I plan to spend a fraction of what I would normally would this year.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not spending €73 for FiS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
The Knightworks web site implies that delivery will be from the USA and adds $20 (over £15) for postage. If it is coming from the USA then there will be duty to pay plus the DHL £8.00 handling fee so a total of $101 (£78). If the intention is to ship from the UK warehouse, £15 is enough for the standard delivery of a 5kg package.

Where did you get that? From the website:

Quote:
Originally funded on Kickstarter, but you can order a Kickstarter copy today. (Note: Copies are EU friendly for a limited time!)

Also:

Quote:

So, EU Friendly and final price: $70(£54) for a regular copy or $78(£60) for the KS edition, shipping included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Aruwen wrote:
Oblivion wrote:
You're feeling my pain!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/1004915 - offering Essen pickup

OK so Brave New World will be at Essen (Hall 7-116) but talk me through €73 ($81) for a $60 MRSP? Prices for Essen 2016, seem to have gone mental. I plan to spend a fraction of what I would normally would this year.

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not spending €73 for FiS.

That for the KS edition with the steel dice, train tokens and mini expansion. They ask €60 for the regular edition.

Basically it will cost you about the same that if you order directly from the Knightworks website. Mind you, the KS edition might be even a tad cheaper ordering from Knightworks, which I'm serioulsy considering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Where did I get that from? Well I guess from listening to the words and not just humming the tune;

The Knightworks website is US based (Colorado) and sells in $. Outside of the generalised introductory blurb which only states EU friendliness for an undefined 'limited time' there is no confirmation or guarantee that the game will be sent from the UK once you press the 'Add to Cart' button and start to get locked into the sale. In fact the check out expressly says, 'Shipping TO the UK'. Also consider that $20 (over £15) will allow a 5KG package to be posted IN the UK. Mindful that this games weighs less than 2KG, the evidence doesn't support a delivery from that UK warehouse. In fact the (contractual) detail strongly implies the opposite.

Having just been presented with a £54 import fee for Iki where the KS stated clearly within the shipping info that the project was EU friendly, I have good reason to need these details to be expressly made in the offer without the supplementary 'limited time' caveat and integral information to the contrary. Once the invoice from DHL arrives demanding payment before delivery, there's no point in crying foul then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Where did I get that from? Well I guess from listening to the words and not just humming the tune;

The Knightworks website is US based (Colorado) and sells in $. Outside of the generalised introductory blurb which only states EU friendliness for an undefined 'limited time' there is no confirmation or guarantee that the game will be sent from the UK once you press the 'Add to Cart' button and start to get locked into the sale. In fact the check out expressly says, 'Shipping TO the UK'. Also consider that $20 (over £15) will allow a 5KG package to be posted IN the UK. Mindful that this games weighs less than 2KG, the evidence doesn't support a delivery from that UK warehouse. In fact the (contractual) detail strongly implies the opposite.

Having just been presented with a £54 import fee for Iki where the KS stated clearly within the shipping info that the project was EU friendly, I have good reason to need these details to be expressly made in the offer without the supplementary 'limited time' caveat and integral information to the contrary. Once the invoice from DHL arrives demanding payment before delivery, there's no point in crying foul then.

You are absolutely right. My apologies. Silly me for trusting Don when he said this:

Quote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Indeed, silly you;

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1619497/kabuki-kickstar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

Yes, silly me for not finding the connection between Knightworks and the publshers of Iki and sillier me for trusting Don's word that the games are being delivered from an European warehouse where they are sitting right now and that he will let us now when that's no longer the case.

Silly, silly me. So silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
On a news-worthy note, Spiral Galaxy have confirmed that they have only 10 copies for Essen and no confirmed price yet.

On a petty squabbling note, Don seems to be a very nice man (never met him) but having been screwed over import duties once (exhibit A) when the expressed evidence showed this as an impossibility, I tend to rely on the direct evidence rather than generalised comments made in isolation from the nuts and bolts of the transaction. I'm not sure how Caveat Emptor equates to Spanish law but in the UK, 'Buyer Beware' means that it's the purchaser who has to be satisfied the deal is good, and for the previously stated reasons, I have alarm bells ringing.

If you are happy that one person's clearly qualified statement, made outside of this transaction negates all the facts that indicate that the product will be imported, then good for you. Let me know the next time you want to buy a second hand car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So let me get this straight: If Don would post right now stating you don't have to worry about import fees and that he guarantees you that your copy of the game will be shipping from within UK, you still wouldn't believe him because of the "evidence", despite what a nice chap he seems to be. Did I get that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
If I repeat myself for a third time, do you think essence of my position might finally sink in? No I don't think so either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.