Subject: Turn 2 second landing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are people's thoughts on the success of a second smaller landing north of Catania on turn 2, with a view to capturing Catania. Has anyone been in a position to attempt such a move?

I'm soloing the campaign and have stupidly left Catania lightly defended as the Axis. With the landing craft left, I think I could attempt a limited landing north of Catania. However, due to the positioning of CD units any landing would come with a -3 DRM. On the plus side, it will be armour that lands so it will have a reasonable Movement allowance on landing.

It appears like a move which could make or break the Allied success for the rest of game. Perhaps I should stay with the more conservative approach and land them south of Catania to help with a more conventional breakout...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian DiLuzio
United States
Andover
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give it a shot and let us know how it turns out. I decided to amass my forces south and push through. I'm on turn 12 and Catania has yet to fall!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to give it a try, at worst I can always set up again if it goes really pear-shaped. I'll let you know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alasdair Campbell
Scotland
Isle of Skye
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had forgotten that Landing Craft only have a range of 10, so the north of Catania landing was a no go, as they couldn't make it from the nearest Naval entry point. I sent some US forces to take Marsala instead in the west.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.