Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Paper 'Mech - winner 'Best Overall Design' in the 2016 1-page PNP Contest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the results are in. Artisans performed very well!

3rd place in best overall design
1st place in best greyscale printed game
1st place in best worker placement game
3rd place in best easy to build game
3rd place in best original artwork
4th place in best graphic design

I was also voted as 'Best Returning Designer' (joint-first along with Chad Mestdagh)

I want to give my heartfelt thanks to everyone that downloaded and played Artisans. This was my second entry into this contest, and a completely different offering to Photon Galactic Traders.

Photon is a project I've been working on for well over two years now, and so when the contest started it was already an 'almost-complete' design. Artisans was a different thing entirely - the idea hit while I was cycling home from work on a sunny evening a couple of weeks after the contest had started, and I began a WIP thread with a random list of thoughts.

Throughout its development, I've received tons of helpful suggestions and feedback and I have to say, this made the experience far more enjoyable and personally rewarding than with Photon. Being able to bounce ideas off people and hear instant feedback was fantastic and I think in future, I will avoid developing a game before a contest begins.
It may not always work, but the design process is the most important thing to me rather than winning - I do this for fun, not for results laugh

So again, thank you so much to everyone who contributed towards the WIP thread. It's been a highlight of the year for me.

Oh, and work on Artisans will continue. I have more ideas to flesh out the game and increase the depth and variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, and well deserved

Looking forward to what further developments you have in store for this game as well ^^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick P.
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Looking forward to what further developments you have in store for this game as well ^^

+1

Secretly I was hoping Artisans would be 1st in the "best overall" category, but I guess with that much recognition there's no reason to complain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Schröder

Wien
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mogust wrote:

and another +1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.