3 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Variants

Subject: Some Questions RE: Creating Custom Content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Hardy
msg tools
Hi everyone,

Like many of you, I've been working on making custom content for Imperial Assault. Although I've spent a lot of time doing design work for this (and other) boardgames, I'm not very experienced at producing the physical components. In particular, I'm not familiar with Photoshop or the methods that I've seen others use to create their custom content.

I'm hoping that we can compile a "how to" style guide to creating fan-made characters, tiles, missions, etc. Additionally, despite looking through the files section and seeing a few discussion threads on the topic, I haven't been able to find all the photoshop templates which have been used in the stuff which is already up on BGG.

I should clarify further - Even minutiae like what stock of paper you're printing things at, what font types you're using, how you're making alterations to the rulebooks, etc. would all be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Where are the templates? I've looked through variants, but I can generally find examples that people have made, not any templates for creating custom content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If you'd like I would be willing to pass along some of my designs I've cooked up and used as templates for my KotOR II Expansion and my forthcoming Clone Wars Expansion, or i'd even be open to partnering up to help with your expansion myself/ pass along whatever skills I may. Also I'd love any help you can give with my own work, mostly writing and ability designs, as I seem to be running on empty creatively of late. Thanks.

Previous Work:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1625367/knights-old-republi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.