United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please feel free to share all your techniques/ideas/fears/etc... right here on this discussion page.

Personally I subscribe to the weight watchers technique of weight-loss. Calorie counting, monitoring intake of fat, and balancing this with some nice exercise. It's worked for me in the past, where I lost 80lbs in about nine months. It was great, and I kept weight off for about six years.

So please share what YOU do to lose weight. Don't worry about telling people what they should do, just what has worked for you.

Also don't forget to subscribe to this thread

Here is the link to the updates thread:

BGG Weight Loss Challenge - Autumn 2016 - Updates

Also, here's the link back to the challenge list.

BGG Weight Loss Challenge - Autumn Edition - 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev
United States
Spotsylvania County
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm in... again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Geusebroek
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for another round. I was successful last time, but this one will be harder as there is less to go. But I'll try anyway, and if it just ends up that I'm contributing to the prize pool, that's fine too!

Speaking of contributing, I have 60 extra geekgold from the last challenge that I would like to donate to three individuals who would like to be involved in the challenge but do not have the gg. PM me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FallCon Gaming Convention
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
FallCon28 is October 16-18, 2015
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in again as well. I came very close to succeeding last time - and have really buckled down lately.

I too am willing to contribute to those who cannot justify the 20 to enter this. The more the merrier?

PM me if you are short on the to enter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back for the chit-chat. I am willing to sponsor someone if needed too. If you are short on PM me.

Since the spring challenge, I managed to injure myself while riding my bike. I ate pavement at 20mph. I have been steadily improving every day (since July 4). Just last week I regained 100% motion in my left wrist and was able to start lifting heavier weights again. My only lingering injury now is my right shoulder, and it is at about 90%. I'm looking forward to getting fully healed up, so I can push myself again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been on a weight loss journey since May 18 and have lost 45 pounds. It's pretty fun finding success after more than a decade of struggling with the weight. The best part is buying new clothes that actually fit. I am willing to help anyone that needs motivation or encouragement. I'm only halfway to my goal so I should sign up, but I currently have only 22GG...as soon as I get a little more (so I have a cushion) I'll jump in. Add me on MFP (kendahlj) or GM me. I'm subscribing to this thread too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'M IN AND THIS TIME I AM MOTIVATED.

Good luck to everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I filled out the form, but I'm not going to formally participate. I started my current program on May 27th when I was 212 lbs. Today, I am 199. I'm losing weight at the rate of approximately 1 lb per week, which is a comfortable pace for me. There is very little chance I can hit the 6% goal by November 21st. That's 8 weeks away. The best I can hope for is 191 by then. So good luck to all, but 6% is a bit too aggressive for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Kelley
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm in, thanks to SEMark.
Losing a few pounds has been on my mind for a little bit now and I'm hoping this will give me the motivation I need.
My plans center around less stress eating and less beer. I should probably also figure out how to get in a bit of exercise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Copenhaver
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in after some time off. The main thread says to join by June 27th. I assume it should be September 26th?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhiannon D
Australia
flag msg tools
designer
Crafts keep me sane.
badge
Waiting is not fun. Just give me a diagnosis already
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in again. Last challenge was completely derailed with illness as some of you saw. I finally got a diagnosis. I have an auto immune disease (chronic, not terminal, so I am aware that I'm lucky and could have it much worse) and treatment, which I've been started on about 12 days ago, is immuno suppressants. I'm having good days and then days like yesterday and today when I feel lethargic, shaky and sore. (Although some of that sore is due to my toddler being in the bed overnight and trying to burrow his feet into my body all night. He's been having bad dreams and lots of clinginess since this all started.)
I honestly don't know how well I'll do in this challenge either because I just don't know what is going to happen to my body on the medications. (I've also had to go back on the pill, which usually makes me gain some weight in the first few months) But joining here will help me feel more accountable and remind me that it is still a goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Willis
New Zealand
Dunedin
Otago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm back in. I've slipped into bad habits since the last challenge and it's time to get back on track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
Copenhaver101 wrote:
I'm in after some time off. The main thread says to join by June 27th. I assume it should be September 26th?

Thank you! Updated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kendahlj wrote:
I've been on a weight loss journey since May 18 and have lost 45 pounds. It's pretty fun finding success after more than a decade of struggling with the weight. The best part is buying new clothes that actually fit. I am willing to help anyone that needs motivation or encouragement. I'm only halfway to my goal so I should sign up, but I currently have only 22GG...as soon as I get a little more (so I have a cushion) I'll jump in. Add me on MFP (kendahlj) or GM me. I'm subscribing to this thread too.

Alright I got two tips...thank you Andy and Mark, so I'm going to pony up and join. I think it will be tough to lose 6% in eight weeks, but I'm going to give it my best shot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Isch
United States
chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keaton
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely in, going to try get into double digits (kgs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hykes
United States
Grove City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed my weight creep up this Summer - this should be the motivation to get back in shape. Entered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Isch
United States
chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a good free online weight loss tracker or plan. I can't afford the fit bit. Which is really cool. But I can't really run right now little lone buy that. Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greasygoblin wrote:
Is there a good free online weight loss tracker or plan. I can't afford the fit bit. Which is really cool. But I can't really run right now little lone buy that. Thanks in advance.

MyFitnessPal is free, tracks weight manually and gives you all sorts of nutrition info, calorie, carbs, protein, sugar etc in what you eat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Isch
United States
chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Andy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Atkins
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! It's my first time to participate in the challenge. After a pretty rough summer and some weight gain, I'm looking forward to getting back into the habit of lifting weights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennie
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! Looking forward to getting back on track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JadePhire wrote:
I'm in! It's my first time to participate in the challenge. After a pretty rough summer and some weight gain, I'm looking forward to getting back into the habit of lifting weights.

What type of lifting do you do? Machines? Free? Power? 5x5SL?

When people ask how "How much do you lift?" my answer is always "All of it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Lawson
United States
Lake Havasu City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! Since summer's final weigh-in I have continued to lose about 10 lbs and hopefully this challenge will the just the thing to keep me motivated. You can find me on fitbit as Aaronious. Good luck to all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Atkins
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acedaryl1 wrote:
JadePhire wrote:

What type of lifting do you do? Machines? Free? Power? 5x5SL?

When people ask how "How much do you lift?" my answer is always "All of it."

Mostly free, sometimes machines. I'm more interested in getting lean/healthier and not so much on bulking up or power lifting.

I used the LiveFit Trainer workout plan from bodybuilding.com earlier in the year, so I'm going to start that up again. I liked the workouts, but I needed to be more consistent to get better results. I do my own weekly meal planning (not using the LiveFit one).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.