Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimitri Hendrix
Netherlands
Geleen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my Rise of the Kage game with expansion and read about the revised rulebook, but could not find a "how to play" since this new rules have been released. Does anyone have a link to a demo game, preferably on youtube, but written is also good?
When learning a game yourself, I don't want to play it wrong just beacuse I understood a rule differently then was meant to.
Looking forward in playing this and eventually building a 3D board for it, but first I need to see how the game works so I can plan my board better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In an incredible timing of co-incidence, I just filmed a set-up tutorial plus sample gameplay with the new 2.0 rules.

Sadly, I'd updated my OS at the same time, that did tricky things to my video editing software... (video would play but audio totally disappeared) so I have to either find a work-around or get some new software. Am trying the first option as learning a totally new piece of software is NOT appealing.

Never fear! The tutorial will appear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bushido GCT Studios
England
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will be great to see yours CK and there is also a copy with 'Toucan play that game' who will be producing a how to play video for RotK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimitri Hendrix
Netherlands
Geleen
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's really a coincidence...call it fate .

Yesterday at our weekly gaming night, we planned to play Imperial assault, but a friend spotted the pristine sealed Rise of the Kage boxes and wanted to give it a try, so without much of preparation we delved into it.
We probably did a lot wrong, but overall we had a great evening, tension buildup is really good with recruitment of more powerfull guards, the need to search those rooms and the appearence of the boss.

We had some difficult situations ruleswise, but solved it in a friendly manner, so we could go on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xoddsx wrote:
Will be great to see yours CK and there is also a copy with 'Toucan play that game' who will be producing a how to play video for RotK.

Haha. Amazing timing!

In that case, he can do it. Takes the stress off me trying to sort out my video editing software

P.S. @GCT : we have some rules questions in the forums. More to do with how cards interact. Would be good if you could clarify. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on either of the mentioned 'How to play' videos? I just ordered the game and the expansion today and read through the rules. I think given a few hours I could figure everything out but I'd much rather be able to watch a video and get a feel for how the game is suppose to be played first.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet, I'm afraid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.