Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
From the Pearl Games Facebook page:

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Troyes was to arrive soon in your favorite shops! Unfortunately, we encountered a little problem of production. We had to send all our boxes to the manufacturer so that they are remanufactured. The game will be a small-month delay. It's important for us that our games meet our quality standards. We will confirm the new date as soon as possible.

Bruxelles 1893 will arrive in mid-October in Europe, if all goes well for him ;-) Always count 1 or 2 months to arrive in the USA.

Quote:
In the US, end of 2016, early 2017. In Europe, end of October, early November. All this depends on the quality of production, we will only accept our standards.

Ladies of Troyes will also have the same delay according to Pearl.

https://www.facebook.com/131049660251753/photos/a.1331334600...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikomakhos
msg tools
Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping this arrives for Christmas...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah W
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for passing this along. I had a bad feeling it was going to end up getting delayed. Looks like I'll be canceling my pre-order since it's holding up other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you found some information! It's good to finally hear some news about this game (even if it is bad news). Thanks for sharing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lambros L
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is getting tedious, why announce a reprint at the start of 2016 if at best you re getting it done by November...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guybrush50 wrote:
This is getting tedious, why announce a reprint at the start of 2016 if at best you re getting it done by November...

My guess is that they made the announcement when they committed to their plans for a reprint. They probably didn't anticipate, at that time, that there would manufacturing issues that would cause a delay in production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
guybrush50 wrote:

I have to credit Pearl Games on this Something should have gone wrong with the English edition. I have my 2016 copy in my hand. Freshly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lambros L
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of version is this? German/Spanish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
guybrush50 wrote:

My guess is that they made the announcement when they committed to their plans for a reprint. They probably didn't anticipate, at that time, that there would manufacturing issues that would cause a delay in production.

And this is why games companies don't ususally announce release dates until the games are off the boat - there are 101 things that can go wrong and delay the game.

As far as I can see they announced the reprint would be in 2016 - not actually at the start of the year, or any particular Q, yes?

If it was just "in 2016" then why are you complaining - it's still 2016, isn't it? Way-to-go - they do the fans a favour and announce that it will be reprinted and then they get stick when production problems occur. That's really going to encourage them to release similar information in the future.

If they did say that it would be at the start of the year then I'll happily chastise them myself, but only for being so daft as to set a release date before having the stock produced and at least on its way to them, and not for the production delays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sébastien dujardin
Belgium
Grandmetz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Almilcar wrote:
guybrush50 wrote:

I have to credit Pearl Games on this Something should have gone wrong with the English edition. I have my 2016 copy in my hand. Freshly!

Hello everybody,

Some boxes were sold in Spain before the decision to stop sales. The problem concerns the cutting of some cards. The cut is not perfectly clear. The game is fully playable but does not meet our quality criteria. You can contact Asmodee Spain to replace these cards in a few weeks. They will receive new cards in a few weeks. Please note that the problem is not the same in each boxe.

Sorry for these worries. Indeed, it's difficult to announce deadlines based on those problems. We strive to control them better.

Thank you for your understanding,

Sébastien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sebduj wrote:

Some boxes were sold in Spain before the decision to stop sales. The problem concerns the cutting of some cards. The cut is not perfectly clear. The game is fully playable but does not meet our quality criteria. You can contact Asmodee Spain to replace these cards in a few weeks. They will receive new cards in a few weeks. Please note that the problem is not the same in each boxe.

This was the other thing I was thinking of commenting on - it's better to get the product right than get it out too soon. Kudos for taking the difficult decision to stop sales and get the product right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sebduj wrote:
Almilcar wrote:
guybrush50 wrote:

Hello everybody,

Sorry for these worries. Indeed, it's difficult to announce deadlines based on those problems. We strive to control them better.

Sébastien

Sébastien, let's see how can I get a replacement for the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almilcar wrote:
sebduj wrote:
Almilcar wrote:
guybrush50 wrote:

Hello everybody,

Sébastien

Sébastien, let's see how can I get a replacement for the cards.

You can contact Asmodee Spain to replace these cards in a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Does this mean that Troyes will be NOT available at Essen? Or is there a chance that you saved some copies for the spiel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. Rexford
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
Thufferin Thuccotash!! It'th Cold out Here!
mbmbmbmbmb

After giving up hope of ever getting Ladies of Troyes at a decent price, I am happy knowing it is finally getting reprinted, maintaining the integrity of the original, and since I waited years for this, what's a couple/few more months?

Mine is pre-ordered and I'm sticking with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michaelo Brazen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mad-Halfling wrote:
gillum wrote:
guybrush50 wrote:

And this is why games companies don't ususally announce release dates until the games are off the boat - there are 101 things that can go wrong and delay the game.

As far as I can see they announced the reprint would be in 2016 - not actually at the start of the year, or any particular Q, yes?

If it was just "in 2016" then why are you complaining - it's still 2016, isn't it? Way-to-go - they do the fans a favour and announce that it will be reprinted and then they get stick when production problems occur. That's really going to encourage them to release similar information in the future.

If they did say that it would be at the start of the year then I'll happily chastise them myself, but only for being so daft as to set a release date before having the stock produced and at least on its way to them, and not for the production delays.

I was thinking something similar to this as well.

All of the time we hear people say "oh I wish they let us know sooner, before I spent $150+ for an old edition I would have waited" and I'm in the boat too as I definitely prefer to know sooner, even if there are going to be delays.

Not to say I'm not disappointed in the delays a bit as I really want this game too but they're making sure the product is top notch quality. Quality always trumps rushing it guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any update on a more specific release date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolands Briedis
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Is there any difference from previous print?

Almilcar wrote:
guybrush50 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazurits wrote:
Is there any difference from previous print?

sebduj wrote:
There are no changes in the basic game and in the expansion. My goal was that the old boxes and the new ones are compatible (if you have the old basic game, you can purchase the new print of the Ladies). I've just added the solo rules from Shadi Torbey and the 4 Promo cards in the box of the basic game.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23574882#23574882
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benjamin CLOVIS
France
flag msg tools
Ugh!
New update at Philibert where I have ordered the game. Status has changed from "late november to early december" to " first fortnight of december".
Why do I have that sinking feeling that this christmas present isn't going to make it on time.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benjamin CLOVIS
France
flag msg tools
clovisIII wrote:
Ugh!
New update at Philibert where I have ordered the game. Status has changed from "late november to early december" to " first fortnight of december".
Why do I have that sinking feeling that this christmas present isn't going to make it on time.....

I stand very much corrected. Troyes has shipped to me as of december 2nd. Will arrive December 5th;blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hatch
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clovisIII wrote:
clovisIII wrote:
Ugh!

I stand very much corrected. Troyes has shipped to me as of december 2nd. Will arrive December 5th;blush

Good to hear... although apparently that means that for those of us in the U.S. it's likely to take another month or two. Always frustrating to wait for something you've already paid for.

At least the end is in sight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clovisIII wrote:
clovisIII wrote:
Ugh!

This is very encouraging. If nothing else it's nice to have information. Looks like we'll be getting our copies within a month or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.