T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » Rules

Subject: End game (red card) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if we played the end of the game right because it felt quite unsatisfying. I was strolling through the other posts but couldn´t find an exact answer.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Unforunately at the last location one of our group memebers choose to take the middle card. We decided that we all had to go to the spot now and suddenly the game had an unsuccessful ending. We still had 10 TU left.

Do we get the 40p (and the 2 beacon)? For me the calculation was not depending on the fact if you ended the games successfully. Is that right?
Or do yu have to end the game successfully? And if so is it then allowed to play a 4th run? How many TU do you get in this case?
Then it says something like: Ready for the next adventure: T.I.M.E Stories: The Marcy Case. Is this mandatory? We only have the T.I.M.E Stories: A Prophecy of Dragons as The Marcy Case was sold out. We would like to keep on gaming asap.

Thanks for answering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb

1. The scoring is really not neccessary but yes, at the card is written, you would get the 40p.
2. If you want to do it successful I would start with the same amount on TU like the third run.
3. No, you can play APoD before Marcy Case but I recommend playing APoD before Under the Mask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasvik -
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Herron
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ran into a similar problem with my group. We chose the "wrong" option on our 2nd run and failed the mission.

For my scoring I saw it as the following.

We did not SUCCEED the mission so none of the bonuses applied (the 40 for 1st run, 30 for 2nd or 20 for 3rd) so that was a score of 0.
Next line on the card said add 1 MP to each TU remaining. We had 5 left so 0+5=5. We did not use the purple Mission Failed card so we did not apply the -5.

Therefore our final score was 5 and we failed the mission.
game over, no reset and no 3rd run.

for us we interpreted this as if we wanted to try and SUCCEED we would need to reset everything and play from the beginning and "forget" everything we had previously discovered. eg: revisit all locations to get the pentacle cards again, even know we already know the answer to the puzzle.

yes, our new attempt would be influenced by what we had done before, but we were effectively starting run 1 all over again.

Its not really clear in the instructions, but running out of TU doesn't mean you FAIL, you just didn't succeed , but you can try again. However, FAILing the mission means you FAIL. Your job was to prevent the temporal fault, not participate in its creation

In your case I would think your final score would be 10. You didn't succeed so none of the bonuses applied, but you had 10 TU left, so 0 bonus + 10 TU left = 10MP.

likewise if you had played the game 5 times before succeeding you would get no bonus and be scored only on remaining TUs. Although technically you will finish on your third run because of the emergency protocol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.