4 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Escape from Innsmouth Objective B (SPOILERS) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
After a few tries of Escape from Innsmouth, with 1 win and 3 fails i deceided to change the objectieve and try and kill the mob.

When it comes to replayability, stop reading and just try it, it was fun.

This is how it went.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It was a solo Game where i picked Joe Diamond en Kate Winthrop because of their stats and the Flux Stabilizer. Started with The Wither spell and some other Random items so i just needed 1 good weapon for Joe. Went to the shop with the Cultist to gain the ritual knife and the puzzlebox. Then out the Back through the secret passage and with the Old Keys from the puzzlebox we gained the TommyGun so i felt we were Ready to go. We retreated into te snackshack and attacked from within through the impassible border. At the start of every round Kate pushed the mob Back with the Stabilizer and there was Fire so they received damage from that as well, we were also Lucky with effects that allowed us to Move the mob away and through the Fire even more. Kate gave them their last blast of Wither and they were done.

So this is what happend.
After the final Blow the mob retreats and the app tells you you've only won some time and theyll be back, but the streets are cleared so everything( Agent Cracen, the radio, the signal and the foghorn) just happend at once through a little story the app providers and the investigation is complete! I think i played for 90 minuten and no investigator got Wounded or Insanelaugh I did get the ending where i didnt collect enough evidence, so there still is a Game left for me to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to clarify...

...did the game end as soon as you killed the mob?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
bleached_lizard wrote:
So just to clarify...

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
RobbieGemini wrote:
bleached_lizard wrote:
So just to clarify...

Yes.

Interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.