Support:

S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.kanataboardgamers.ca

Newbies Welcome!
We are a friendly group of all kinds who play every type of board game. So why not visit to learn and play great games with great people?

Theme
See events Roundup below.

Events Update:

Ottawa Geek Market: 15-16 October. Gaming there will be awesome, right Tracy?!

Ludo Outaouais 2016: 25-27 November. A multi-day open gaming spectacular!

Events Roundup:
Kanata Con: 16-17 September. It was a blast! We had 35 Friday and 65 Saturday (those numbers are approx.). I gathered up the score sheets and found there where over 26 different games played and over 65 games recorded as well. And I know there were many more played but not recorded. The most played game was Dice City (one of the newest in the library).

I would like to thank so many people who helped out this year. First, the attendees! Our sponsors, Kobold's Corner, The Loft Game Lounge, District Games, Custom Game Bits. Maryeve who ran our successful garage sale ($55 in donations raised) and ran reception. I hope you got enough gaming in too? Thanks to Bob for running with food this year. Unlike me last year, he did the food without getting any grease stains on his clothes, losing money, or poisoning anyone (ok, I did not poison anyone to my knowledge). Mandi and Tracy got the con out there, advertising it on the social media and they also handled the prize draws and didn't even need a microphone! I am looking forward to the pics taken by Jana and also Paul (todieforgames.ca). Thanks to Joe H. for the 1901 tourney. Thanks for boosting local designers, Joe! John and Scott from Kobold's Corner ran a busy filler/kids table. Every time I looked over I saw a different set of people learning great games from teaching pros. Thanks guys! Kudos to Luc for giving the con a T-shirt. We have a T-shirt, the con must be real. Thanks to Mike V. for stepping in to open Saturday and the after-con cleanup (they'll never know we were there...) Thanks to Karina and the KCCRC for facilitating the con and being such awesome "land lords". And last but certainly not least, a big thank-you to Dan for setting up the web site, allowing advance registration and for teaching games, cleaning up after the con (and letting me beat him at Samurai!).

Mandi says we should start planning Kanata Con 2017 soon to get into publishers advertising budgets. So geekmail me if you're interested; we especially need folks who would like to run tournaments or demos.

Also we have I think 3 t shirts left. $20 a pop and you can wear it and no one will ever know you did not attend...

There is a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers every Thursday; next one is 22 September 2016. The start time for the session is 6pm till approximately 11pm.

We meet at the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (KCCRC) at 46 Castlefrank Rd, which is beside the Hazeldean Public Library. There is parking outside. Just go straight through the doors facing the lot, and you can't miss us!

$2.50 will be collected from each person. The first $30 collected is donated to our gracious venue. Any left over will go into our board game library fund. Members can borrow from the library any time. Borrow it one session, bring it back for the next.

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! There is no obligation, but if you decide to become a member it only costs $7.50 and entitles you to 10% discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, and Comic Book Shoppe), let Steve know, and he'll have them made up. 100% of the $7.50 fee goes to CanGames 2016 to support kids games, and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.

Feel free to use this forum thread to discuss what to play!

Directions by car to the Kanata Community Christian Reformed Church (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to Castlefrank exit, EXIT 139
2. Turn left onto Kanata Ave
3. Continue about 2km to 46 Castlefrank Rd, just past Hazeldean Rd.
4. Destination will be on the left, at the stop sign. Go up the hill.
5. Go through the doors facing the parking lot and into the main hall.

Directions using public transportation (from the East)
1. OC Transpo route 118 starts at the Hurdman station.
2. For stops check the 118 route: http://www.octranspo1.com/maps/
3. The stop you want is Hazeldean & Castlefrank
4. Walk west on Castlefrank following signs for the library
5. The church is on your left and is well signed.
6. Go up the hill to the doors facing the parking lot, and into the main hall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KanataCon 2016 was fantastic!

I was only there on Saturday (with 4 other guests, one of whom won the copy of Pandemic Legacy) and it was well worth the drive in from Montreal.

I look forward to attending again next year and will be more than happy to spread the word about this great event.

I hope to attend your Thursday night meeting next time I'm in town for ComicCon or maybe just a vacation weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another absolutely brilliant time. I always enjoy this Con as it's laid back, affordable, player-promoted, and always fun.

Very happy that we managed to bust out some new games including Scythe.

My only regret was forgetting to keep an eye out for Captain Sonar!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Steve,
Thank you for a great time (as always).

We learned Patchwork and are now hunting to find a copy.
I finally may have learned enough to open my copy of Scythe.

ML
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckyparadise wrote:
Another absolutely brilliant time. I always enjoy this Con as it's laid back, affordable, player-promoted, and always fun.

Very happy that we managed to bust out some new games including Scythe.

Captain Sonar hit the table early Saturday afternoon. It's good fun. I'd recommend seeking it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Martin
Canada
Ottawa
Ont.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did the 18xx gaming go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James E
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fluffyevil wrote:
How did the 18xx gaming go?

Two simultaneous 1822 games on Friday. 18NEB and 18NY on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckyparadise wrote:

I was able to get in on a game of Captain Sonar and it was absolutely fantastic. Great experience, I recommend everyone give it a try at least once.

Not sure how often it would hit the table in my groups but with 2 groups of 4 at a Con it's a wonderful experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandi H
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmair62 wrote:
KanataCon 2016 was fantastic!

I was only there on Saturday (with 4 other guests, one of whom won the copy of Pandemic Legacy) and it was well worth the drive in from Montreal.

I look forward to attending again next year and will be more than happy to spread the word about this great event.

I hope to attend your Thursday night meeting next time I'm in town for ComicCon or maybe just a vacation weekend.

Hi Robert!

I'm so glad you were able to make it! Hopefully, we can play some games together next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick questions, but will the photos that were taken be posted somewhere/shared?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Le
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A set of photos from To Die For Games was shared on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/amalia.rocha.568/posts/177095888651...

I'll try to get Jana's set of photos posted on the kanataboardgamers.ca website when I get the chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Le
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chuckyparadise wrote:
Quick questions, but will the photos that were taken be posted somewhere/shared?

Thanks!

Photos are up!
http://www.kanataboardgamers.ca/gallery.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.