Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two questions:

Question one:

If the Gunpoint Taxman kills a scavenger against an opponent who does not have any gold, does the Taxman steal the one gold gained from the scavenger bonus?

Question two:

I understand that all decisions belong to one player per turn. What happens if you sacrifice your hero such that the opponent's hero levels up to his maximum level and activates a one time ability? in the case of Argagarg it is pretty straightforward, but in the case of Zane, Geiger, Garth, or Vandy things aren't that clear

I can see three possibilities:
Nothing happens,
The opponent gets to make the decisions for you (which would be utterly ridiculous),
The ability triggers at the start of the owner's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am not expert but here is my interpretations:

Q1:

Yes you get the gold. In order for taxman's ability to trigger a unit has to have been killed and all associated effects with the death play out (giving +1 gold). Then taxman's ability triggers because a unit died.

Q2: You can sacrifice your hero? What card is having you do that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Yasutake
United States
Bridgeport
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says in the rules that if a hero dies, then the active player chooses which opposing hero levels up. I apologize for using the term "sacrifice" which I realize has an in game meaning. I meant it in the literal sense of "sending in your hero to fight in a battle that will kill him," so I should have said "suicide."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Krasny
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm that is very interesting and I am curious what the answer will be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
y-bot wrote:
Question two:

I understand that all decisions belong to one player per turn. What happens if you sacrifice your hero such that the opponent's hero levels up to his maximum level and activates a one time ability? in the case of Argagarg it is pretty straightforward, but in the case of Zane, Geiger, Garth, or Vandy things aren't that clear

I can see three possibilities:
Nothing happens,
The opponent gets to make the decisions for you (which would be utterly ridiculous),
The ability triggers at the start of the owner's turn.

The rulebook is quite clear on this.

rulebook, pg 18 wrote:
In the unusual event that an effect specifically asks an opponent to make a decision on your turn, instead nothing happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McLeod
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a bit 'out there' as an interpretation, but what if there is no 'decision'. If there's only 1 other valid hero, does the effect trigger because there was no choice as to which hero to target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Fletcher
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
If a hero dies, the active player chooses one hero on the other side (who is not at max level,and not affected by an ability that prevents them from gaining levels) to gain two levels, if possible.

If that pushes a hero to max level, and the max-band ability requires a choice, instead nothing happens (and the max band effect is wasted).

The heroes who have a max-band that would not be wasted are:
Arg - make an elemental
Oni - make 3 soldiers
Vir - forecast a mech
Grave - put a sword rune on Grave

The heroes with a wasted max-band are:
Zane, Vandy, Garth, and Geiger (even if there is only one possible target for Geiger or Vandy, the effect still does nothing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharpo Bject
United States
flag msg tools
proxyman addressed the second question well.

For the first question, the scavenger slot and the taxman's ability trigger from the same event. So the active player would choose an order for those to happen in. Really this means you'll always give your opponent the gold first, so you can steal it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.