Support:

Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the article:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/19/the-gal...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilers:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we need errata for Snap Shot vs M9-G8?

Lots of interesting stuff here; I wouldn't have minded more copies of Primed Thrusters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostas K.
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mlvanbie wrote:

I believe since Snap Shot's wording is "you cannot modify your attack dice" and not "your attack dice cannot be modified", this implies that they cannot be modified by abilities originating from your cards only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kostool13 wrote:
mlvanbie wrote:

I believe since Snap Shot's wording is "you cannot modify your attack dice" and not "your attack dice cannot be modified", this implies that they cannot be modified by abilities originating from your cards only.

I think it is from that particular ship only. So as long as M9-G8 is on a different ship (which it would have to be to use it's ability), you could use it to modify snap shot. If I remember correctly, "You" is describing the active ship, not you as a player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M9-G8 says 'The attacker must reroll that die', so M9-G8's owner is only doing the modification if he is the attacker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:

So help me figure out the differences between these cards (and why you would pick one over the other).

Primed Thrusters is small ship only, has a limit of three stress and only works for boost/barrel roll. Other than that, it seems functionally the same as Pattern Analyzer, but I keep looking at it with the very different wording trying to figure out what I'm missing. Basically, Pattern Analyzer makes stress only affect the maneuvers you can take, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
Gonjeshk wrote:
kamekkusu wrote:

So help me figure out the differences between these cards (and why you would pick one over the other).

Primed Thrusters is small ship only, has a limit of three stress and only works for boost/barrel roll. Other than that, it seems functionally the same as Pattern Analyzer, but I keep looking at it with the very different wording trying to figure out what I'm missing. Basically, Pattern Analyzer makes stress only affect the maneuvers you can take, correct?

It's very different. One lets you ignore the stress when doing BR or Boost as long as you have 3 or less stress on the ship.

PA, on the other hand, switch the action step and "check pilot stress" step, which means you can perform any action you want, THEN get stressed. You can even use Push the Limit, Stay on Target or Daredevil that gives you stress after you do the action with green move. As PA move the "check pilot stress" step back, you can remove the stress afterward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:
kamekkusu wrote:

It's very different. One lets you ignore the stress when doing BR or Boost as long as you have 3 or less stress on the ship.

PA, on the other hand, switch the action step and "check pilot stress" step, which means you can perform any action you want, THEN get stressed. You can even use Push the Limit, Stay on Target or Daredevil that gives you stress after you do the action with green move. As PA move the "check pilot stress" step back, you can remove the stress afterward.

But other than gaining back a little maneuverability, there's not really any incentive to removing stress as you will always have your action, no?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
Gonjeshk wrote:
eunoia wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:
kamekkusu wrote:

But other than gaining back a little maneuverability, there's not really any incentive to removing stress as you will always have your action, no?

PA didn't let you perform action when you're stressed. You are not becoming Tycho all of a sudden

It just let you do it before you get the stress. If you don't remove it next turn, you are still unable to perform any action while stressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:
eunoia wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:
kamekkusu wrote:

PA didn't let you perform action when you're stressed. You are not becoming Tycho all of a sudden

It just let you do it before you get the stress. If you don't remove it next turn, you are still unable to perform any action while stressed.

The way I read it, PA does allow actions by a stressed pilot, because it is the "check pilot stress" step that determines whether you can then do the Perform Action step. With that card, you perform the action, then check if the pilot is stressed. So effectively, if you have a tech slot, you can have Tycho's ability for two points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
mb
Gonjeshk wrote:

The way I read it, PA does allow actions by a stressed pilot, because it is the "check pilot stress" step that determines whether you can then do the Perform Action step. With that card, you perform the action, then check if the pilot is stressed. So effectively, if you have a tech slot, you can have Tycho's ability for two points.

As others had mentioned, "Check Pilot Stress" is badly named. It's not the step that check if you can perform action or not. You check if you had stress everytime you want to perform action. Otherwise you don't need PA to circumvent the stress, any free action from other source would have let you perform action while stressed since check pilot stress only happen once.

By the rule, "Check Pilot Stress" pertains to the maneuver the ship executed. If green, remove a stress. If red, assign a stress. If white, do nothing. It has little to do with action actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
Gonjeshk wrote:

As others had mentioned, "Check Pilot Stress" is badly named. It's not the step that check if you can perform action or not. You check if you had stress everytime you want to perform action. Otherwise you don't need PA to circumvent the stress, any free action from other source would have let you perform action while stressed since check pilot stress only happen once.

By the rule, "Check Pilot Stress" pertains to the maneuver the ship executed. If green, remove a stress. If red, assign a stress. If white, do nothing. It has little to do with action actually.

Ahh, I get it now, so it's like a reverse Advanced Sensors. You do the maneuver, perform an action, then see whether you remove or add stress. Now I see the point of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonjeshk wrote:

Nope. If you have a stress token you can't take an action during the Action Step, whether or not you assign or remove a token at the Check Pilot Stress step. So if, for example, you begin Activation Phase with 1 stress and take a green maneuver, you would NOT want to use PA, because then you wouldn't be able to remove your stress until after you'd already lost out on taking an action; normally you would remove it before the Perform Action step.

EDIT: Oop, I see this has already been addressed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.