Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just discovered Xia, and I missed both Kickstarter campaigns. I see that it is still possible (presumably for a very limited time) to late-pledge to pick up the base game and the expansion. According to the FAQ on the Kickstarter page, every base game of Xia includes all of the stretch goals from the first campaign (except perhaps a few missions and the add-on NPC ship). Will this also be the case with the expansion? That is: if I don't pick up the expansion now, will I be able to pick it up later at retail with all of the stretch-goals included, or are any of them (aside from the Sellsword) Kickstarter-exclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer treats "KS Exclusive" very seriously, so you will likely find it difficult to get them retail. That all said, some online retailers tend to carry KS items, IIRC, Noble Knight Games may be one such location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Envoy mission cards are nigh-impossible to find. The add-on NPC will be available in any future KS, but in new colors. And the Dev Kit is available on BGG.

Everything else is included in the core and expansion retail boxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a big difference between stretch goals and KS exclusives. Stretch Goals almost always become part of the base games and are available to everyone who buys the game, be it during the campaign or later on at retail. KS Exclusives are the ones that (should not) will not be available after a campaign is over. The designer of Xia has been very adamant about representing this and anything listed as a KS Exclusive for the campaign will not be available outside of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
msg tools
mb
donnbobhardy wrote:
The Envoy mission cards are nigh-impossible to find. The add-on NPC will be available in any future KS, but in new colors. And the Dev Kit is available on BGG.

Envoy missions aren't unobtainable, just hard to locate.
I would probably let mine go for something I really wanted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phogg wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:

Must... resist... arguing... semantics....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
msg tools
mb
donnbobhardy wrote:
Phogg wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:

Must... resist... arguing... semantics....

Semantically, every time I set the game up...there they are, right in the box.

Easy peasey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
That's Somatically...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phogg wrote:

Easy peasey.

Yes. Yes. For those of us that have them, finding them is easy. Ha ha ha....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks everybody for the explanation! I'm still waffling on whether or not to pull the trigger (and I know time is short), but it's a relief knowing that I won't be missing out on tons of content if I take too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You won't be missing out. What you won't have doesn't change the game. In fact there are plenty of people that have the Sellsword and don't even use it, or say that even if they do, that it rarely gets used in the game.

It's not confirmed, but someone suggested re-issuing the Sellsword with each future expansion, but giving it a new color. A lot of people think that is a great idea, even Cody Miller seems to like the idea, so we can only hope that it does work out that way.

I would also like to point out that moving forward, it is very unlikely that you will see any exclusive content ever again. Whether or not exclusive content is a good idea is debateable, and situational even if when it is a reasonable idea. However in Xia's case, there is certainly no need for it in the future. Content for Xia is going to sell, so no extra exclusive carrots are needed to sell them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
And the Dev Kit is available on BGG.

Not anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's just waiting for restocks... cody already has a new batch of dev kit ready to ship to bgg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.