Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.polygon.com/2016/9/19/12949698/league-of-legends-...

goes into some good detail about some the development of the game.

"THE FIRST PRINTING IS 30,000 COPIES — A LOT FOR A BOARD GAME, BUT NOT MUCH COMPARED TO LOL’S GLOBAL AUDIENCE."

Pretty amazing to have the 75$ price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
30,000 copies for an initial release with no pre-sales and a first time publisher? Holy pentakill, Batman...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Russell
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a Reddit thread in r/leagueoflegends one of Riot team said only 15,000 now and 15,000 in December. BUT, he also said they want everyone who wants one to get one so they'll do more print runs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So that's one of the reasons why the price is so low.

Another one might be Riot doens't need to share its profits with Asmodee (I'm looking at you FFG, who was able to sell games for the same price before merging with Asmodee).

I'm really glad that after Asmodee bought all the big players in boardgaming, this new big player enters the boardgaming-industry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:

Another one might be Riot doens't need to share its profits with Asmodee (I'm looking at you FFG, who was able to sell games for the same price before merging with Asmodee).

I'm really glad that after Asmodee bought all the big players in boardgaming, this new big player enters the boardgaming-industry.

ditto

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Love
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
DA_Maz wrote:

It's not sharing profits - Asmodee bought them, there is no FFG now - it's not some pyramid/drug dealer arrangement. FFG's profits are Asmodee's profits.

Are Asmodee pushing for higher profit margins? Most likely.

In terms of the 'share' of profit, it's more than Riot don't have to share its profits with distributors or retailers. Most publishers sell into distribution with a 30-40% discount. So FFG see $30-$40 for each $100 game sold. You cut that out, Riot likely see $70 of each $75 game sold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.