Subject: Any reason to buy multiple? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Ritter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm buying this for sure, just wondering if anyone sees a reason to buy 2 or more? Not for resale, but like other games where 2+ core sets are recommended. Thinking x-wing, or FFGs lcgs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think we need double core set. There is no use for double heroes/mechs and to be honest, I think 100 minions in a box is way too many (but I am not complaining!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
Where would we buy this at all? Haven't found any pre-orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Scott
Australia
EAST BRISBANE
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmb
steveg700 wrote:

Direct from riot only. Initial print run is only 30,000 but I'd guess they'll expand it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc LeBlanc
United States
California
flag msg tools
It's a complete game in one box. There are no rules for combining sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc LeBlanc
United States
California
flag msg tools
steveg700 wrote:

It will be available to order on the Riot Games merchandise site starting 10/13/2016. https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ritter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies, that's what I was thinking. Print run of 30,000 with all this hype, I'll be lucky to get the one copy! Tom, Rahdo, and few others I trust, all love it, so it's auto buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pauldragon wrote:
Thanks for the replies, that's what I was thinking. Print run of 30,000 with all this hype, I'll be lucky to get the one copy! Tom, Rahdo, and few others I trust, all love it, so it's auto buy for me.

As stated above, there is no reason to buy two copies. Unless you just wanted the joy of taking off the shrink wrap of a new copy again :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ritter
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Marty! Hey, you and Tony are part of that "few others I trust". Great job on the interview podcast. Very informative and still entertaining, RDTN style.

I listened/viewed all the content that came out today on this game, and there were no negative reviews. Pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm more worried that there might not be enough. Even though there is a large print run, I have a feeling that a lot of people will swarm the merch store at the time. I hope my Riot friend can pull some strings for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This initial sale (and second sale in December) absolutely, positively, MUST be ONE PER CUSTOMER.

If it is not, they are making a huge mistake.

And I hope everyone tells them that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pauldragon wrote:
Thanks Marty! Hey, you and Tony are part of that "few others I trust". Great job on the interview podcast. Very informative and still entertaining, RDTN style.

I listened/viewed all the content that came out today on this game, and there were no negative reviews. Pretty cool.

Thanks!

I have now played the game several times. The only negative thing I can come up with is the feeling that if you beat all 10 missions the replayability value will go down. But after saying that I can look at Pandemic Legacy on my shelf that costs about the same amount and I'll never be able to play that game again. But with MvM I can.

Other negatives, if people don't like coops, this won't change their mind. Some may not like the luck of the card draw or think the game play is too simple.

About the only thing most will agree on is that the production quality is top notch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfpackee wrote:

Thanks!

I have now played the game several times. The only negative thing I can come up with is the feeling that if you beat all 10 missions the replayability value will go down. But after saying that I can look at Pandemic Legacy on my shelf that costs about the same amount and I'll never be able to play that game again. But with MvM I can.

Other negatives, if people don't like coops, this won't change their mind. Some may not like the luck of the card draw or think the game play is too simple.

About the only thing most will agree on is that the production quality is top notch

Marty, Arcadia Quest also has similar game structure (non random placement of monsters, specific scenario goals, fixed board position etc) but I see almost no complain on AQ's replay value after they have completed the whole scenario. I am interested in your thought on this, comparing the replay value of AQ and MvM, if you care to share?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
This initial sale (and second sale in December) absolutely, positively, MUST be ONE PER CUSTOMER.

Heh; I appreciate the enthusiasm. I've said in a few places that we're initially limiting orders to 1 per person until we have a handle on keeping up with demand.

And to answer the OP, you can't really combine sets unless you're creating some ultra large custom missions that need 10 boards and 200 minions. Which would be silly, overwhelming, and incredibly cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:
wolfpackee wrote:

Thanks!

Marty, Arcadia Quest also has similar game structure (non random placement of monsters, specific scenario goals, fixed board position etc) but I see almost no complain on AQ's replay value after they have completed the whole scenario. I am interested in your thought on this, comparing the replay value of AQ and MvM, if you care to share?

That's actually a very good comparison. AQ does allow you to carry items over from scenario to scenario, but this doesn't have that. MvM does have the missions a 'secret' until you open then up (and some envelopes have additional items) so that part will be spoiled in future play. But beyond that the replayibilty is a lot a like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmb
I played through the entire AQ campaign and immediately wanted to play again from the beginning. New party, different loot, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sorrell
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Riot Kades wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

Heh; I appreciate the enthusiasm. I've said in a few places that we're initially limiting orders to 1 per person until we have a handle on keeping up with demand.

And to answer the OP, you can't really combine sets unless you're creating some ultra large custom missions that need 10 boards and 200 minions. Which would be silly, overwhelming, and incredibly cool.

I messaged the riot games support desk before I saw this thread and asked if I could order a second game for my friends birthday and received this response:

Porridge
Porridge (Riot Games Player Support)
Oct 2, 14:43 PDT

Hello Summoner,

I'm Porridge and I'd be happy to assist you. You will! Players can order up to 5 of each item on our site. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Have a nice day.

Porridge
Riot Games Player Support
Resident Teddy Bear Enthusiast

So which is it? 1 or 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Jak84 wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:
stevelabny wrote:

I messaged the riot games support desk before I saw this thread and asked if I could order a second game for my friends birthday and received this response:

Porridge
Porridge (Riot Games Player Support)
Oct 2, 14:43 PDT

Hello Summoner,

I'm Porridge and I'd be happy to assist you. You will! Players can order up to 5 of each item on our site. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Have a nice day.

Porridge
Riot Games Player Support
Resident Teddy Bear Enthusiast

So which is it? 1 or 5

Definitely 1. I'll track down Porridge and make sure he's not spreading them lies. I'm sure it's an honest mistake; it's incredibly rare for us to limit sales like this and something we are doing for MvM just to make sure we can do our part to reduce scalpers and speculators. So everyone who wants a copy has the best chance to get a copy.

I believe we landed on 1 purchase per wave. And we will lift this restriction once we feel we have caught up with demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:

PvP BLUE vs. RED. Done.

I skimmed the rulebook, and I'm guessing you could do a "team vs. team" where each side programs their own mechs, and the minions run on the game AI. If you need initiative (eg. which minion goes first), whoever programmed their mechs first would win it. Coordinating with a teammate against two other players should be a challenge. You can, of course, do this with one set (two mechs and 50- minions on each side), although you'd need some way to distinguish opposing minions like ring bases (or maybe you're fighting your opponents AND the minions???).

Oh, and speaking of re-purposing components, how much would a red and blue checkers set cost for the mass market? Minions would be the checker pieces, and the mechs would be the king pieces. Mechs wouldn't necessarily be prepainted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.