Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my copy and was wondering how those who have played MOM2 solo feel about their experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Grogan
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was fine. Just control more than 1 investigator otherwise you won't be able to do all things in the scenarios that you need in the time alotted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
I think playing multiple investigators in this game is very easy. Each character only has one unique ability to remember and all of their stats are clearly laid out on their cards. If you've any kind of experience with this sort of game and have just reasonable table space you should be able to manage 3 investigators comfortably (I think 3 or 4 is the sweet spot). The game scales very well for player numbers.

The only thing you really miss out on is the potential betrayal aspect of some of the insanity conditions. I'm on record here as strongly disliking this mechanic so that's not a big deal to me... but if it's something that appeals to you then its a factor to bear in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Ruppelt
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomaisin wrote:
It was fine. Just control more than 1 investigator otherwise you won't be able to do all things in the scenarios that you need in the time alotted.

Would 2 investigators be enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The only thing that makes Solo a bit wonky is the Insanity mechanic. It will mostly be fine since you won't be playing with the Insanity cards that involve alternate win conditions, but the whole mystery of wondering what sort of Insanity your fellow investigators have is kind of ruined.

Otherwise, the game plays great with 2-5 investigators solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Chris Miller
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:

Yeah I controlled 2 and it was fine. You're just a tad more limited on investigator special abilities is the only real difference.

High Flying Bird wrote:
The only thing you really miss out on is the potential betrayal aspect of some of the insanity conditions. I'm on record here as strongly disliking this mechanic so that's not a big deal to me... but if it's something that appeals to you then its a factor to bear in mind.

I'm pretty mixed on this myself. I think I may just remove the ones that are betrayal-oriented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
tomaisin wrote:

I think it's best with 3 or 4 but 2 is definitely very playable and enjoyable. You just may find the scenarios slightly harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coyotemoon722 wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

Yeah I controlled 2 and it was fine. You're just a tad more limited on investigator special abilities is the only real difference.

High Flying Bird wrote:

I'm pretty mixed on this myself. I think I may just remove the ones that are betrayal-oriented.

The game tells you not to use them. None of the "1+" Insanity cards involve betrayal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
tomaisin wrote:

I think it's best with 3 or 4 but 2 is definitely very playable and enjoyable. You just may find the scenarios slightly harder.

My wife and I play with one investigator each, and following a suggestion here on BGG, we bump up the actions to 3 each. Still a hard game, just not rock hard

We may play with 2 investigators each tonight, to see what that would play like
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego

New Kensington
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a good time playing this game solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even Tom Vasel enjoyed playing it solo...watch his review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my best solo experiences..
But then I love MoM, so..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
I've just played solo once so far as I try and find people to play it with and I had a good time with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.