Subject: Cards. Oh Man. See? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I've gotten over token-shock, and added several new pieces to my ever-growing Plano hoard. Now my interest/OCD has turned to the problem of cards. If one were to buy every currently-available add-on and expansion for SOB (as one is helpless but to do, see above re: OCD), how many cards will one own? Excluding fan-made content. How many different decks? And can somewhat recommend some midrange sleeves I can buy in bulk?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John VanDenBerg
United States
Farmington
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without actually counting, I would say 1200+ cards split into 30+ decks.

I went with the Mayday "Almost a Penny" sleeves, and I'm satisfied with those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
1200+ That's one hell of a shuffle.

Is there a sleeve size for the big cards? I know FFG, at least, makes some, but are they the correct dimensions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John VanDenBerg
United States
Farmington
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're referring to the character/enemy record sheets, I laminated them for protection and so I can write on them with dry erase markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Packwood
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might help Card Sleeves Sizes for Games Geeklist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. C.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For XXL monster sheets,The New hero class sheets & depth event sheets I use A4 pocket files and keep them in a ring binder.I also use this file for storing the rule books via magazine holders along with storage of the threat speciality decks in A4 trading card pocket pages ( randomizing by dice throw ).

I use the trading card pages to store the rules reference cards, this makes a handy 2 page reference sheet.

I may change this speciality deck storage in the future as I have found storage boxes for mini decks however they are always O/S and I need to find out if they hold sleeved cards.

For the threat stat cards I use an A5 ring binder, and pocket files.

For not in current use hero stat cards and specialty town location cards I use A5 hard cover display book. I keep these in this separate file as they are not used as regularly.

All my cards are in the cheapest Ultra pro sleeves which work just fine. the only sleeves I have refreshed are the loot/ scavenge decks but then generally they do see the most shuffling.

Hopefully this storage system has enough flexibility to survive contact with KS wave 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

This many
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would buy two 1,000 sleeve packs of "Trading Card Sleeves - 1000 Ultra Pro Clear Deck Protectors Pokemon MTG Sized" on Amazon, there are expansions you know, and it's cheaper in the long run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Cool thanks. But what about Monopoly money sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use these:

https://www.amazon.com/LaTCG-Pokemon-Gathering-Perfect-Sleev...

They're thicker than penny sleeves (2.5 mils) and at only 1.4 cents apiece they're great from a price/performance perspective. I've used them to sleeve the DC deckbuilder, D&DAS games, Brimstone, Dungeon Command, Last Night on Earth, basically anything they'll fit.

There can be a little variance in length - some of my Brimstone cards come right to the top edge of some of the sleeves - but it's not noticeable and I'm willing to put up with it for the money I'm saving.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
$22 for 1600 w/free shipping. That's pretty good. What is the thickness of penny sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Baker
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
SabastianBludd wrote:

Damn too good to be true, I saw the price, shipping to EU and free shipping, wow.
Then on checkout for Europe it's 60$ shipping lol ...

And if I look for it on Amazon EU it goes to 100$ price with 8$ shipping.

Meh !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bludd
United States
Des Moines
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:
$22 for 1600 w/free shipping. That's pretty good. What is the thickness of penny sleeves?

I'm not sure, but the LaTCG sleeves are certainly thicker than penny sleeves and they fit better. I once had my entire SoB set in penny sleeves - like you can buy at big box stores near the Pokemon and sports cards - and they were noticeably too large. Penny sleeves would work in a pinch, but only barely.

Based only on my experience, I would put the LaTCG sleeves on par with Mayday but not as nice as FFG's or other premium sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
robwrigley wrote:
1200+ That's one hell of a shuffle.

Is there a sleeve size for the big cards? I know FFG, at least, makes some, but are they the correct dimensions?

BCW Supplies (bcwsupplies.com) makes a sleeve (for philatelists) that is almost a perfect fit: BCW 1-EFDCSLV European First Day Cover Sleeves. 5 1/8 in by 7 13/16 in. They're a mere 3.65 $US for 100, but the shipping is atrocious. I'm in Canada.

I'd be ready to split an order with a few other buyers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Wrigley
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Every card game and baseball card store in my town,to my utter vexation, sells only penny sleeves or $5 packs of tinted sleeves. So I ordered some Mayday Almost-a-penny's from a vendor on the electronoBay. 1000 for $16 with shipping. So Ill see how those work out.

As for the larger cards, I now have them all living happily in a pair of binders, in clear page protectors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.