Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Flip multiple horror or damage - same card possible rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to keep the subject line searchable...

If I am instructed to flip 2 horror (or damage) face up

Do I...
1) randomly determine 2 cards and then flip those (predetermine the cards)

or

2) randomly determine 1 card, flip it - follow its instructions which may be to flip facedown again... and repeat possibly allowing me to draw the same card(s)

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Number 2.

Draw a random card and flip it. Follow the instructions and then randomly pick a second card (Which may include the first card if the instructions included turn it face down).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
I do 1. Well, kind of. I do one at a time (flip then shuffle, flip again), but I don't return the one I just flipped. New ones gained will get added to the shuffle.

Since doing 2 would result in an infinite loop if the condition is flip all (which does happen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Option 2 doesn't work when you have fewer cards than you need to flip. For example, if you were told to flip 3 Horror and only had one, option 2 would have you flip the single card 3 times, which could be horrible. Option 2 also makes no sense with the "flip all your facedown Horror" effect.

Thus, it seems Option 1 is the intended approach. I don't like reshuffling like Zen does, so I just shuffle once and draw the appropriate amount of cards, then flip them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Harlan

Oregon
msg tools
mb
We have been doing option 1, but when I read the rules over, I don't remember where that choice came from.

2 definitely makes your face down cards more unknown, and flip all doesn't lead to infinite loop, since all isn't a number. It's have 2 flip 3 that gets wonky.

Thank you, I was intending to ask this question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.