Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know from this thread (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1555023/activating-spec...) that I can activate the bonuses on my player board tracks as soon as I meet both the criteria of having track laid and then a locomotive powerful enough to reach there.

I'm assuming the answer to this is yes, but wanted to confirm: If a player lays track far enough along one of his railways that, when a locomotive powerful enough to reach the end of the track does so, and the track spans multiple activatable spaces, all possible spaces with bonuses are activated (not just the last one?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auzette wrote:
I know from this thread (https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1555023/activating-spec...) that I can activate the bonuses on my player board tracks as soon as I meet both the criteria of having track laid and then a locomotive powerful enough to reach there.

I'm assuming the answer to this is yes, but wanted to confirm: If a player lays track far enough along one of his railways that, when a locomotive powerful enough to reach the end of the track does so, and the track spans multiple activatable spaces, all possible spaces with bonuses are activated (not just the last one?)

If I got your question right... yes. Example: suppose on St. Petersburg you have no locomotive and your black track is on space #7. You get a #6 loco on StP; both "?" bonuses will activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Cool, thanks! I suspected so, but this helps clarify.

Thanks for answering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Sanchez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the follow up question would be if they can be activated in any order, or the order obtained. I am thinking the latter, but don't have rules in hand to verify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I thought of that as I played a couple more. I'm guessing in certain situations the order would matter (getting a bonus that then opens up opportunities for the next bonus?) though I can't at the moment think of any, since I don't have the game next to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.